Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


15 October 2012

Updates and Decorations...


It's been nearly a week and a half, and my knee is doing MUCH better!  Thanks to each of you for asking about it...more company coming Wednesday, an old friend I haven't seen in 30 years!  Can't wait to see her!

Oh, and as far as my computer goes...it's dead, but I do have a new one on layaway.  Hope to get it soon, and up and running!
A lightning struck tree that is a harlequin black & white.

Great gnarled wood seen on a desert drive.

Getting ready for Halloween....we decided to try to make gummy worms...It was fun mixing it up and pouring it in the straws...but my recipe  didn't hold together  well after they were squeezed out of the straws.

But aren't they realistic!


They did taste good, though.


We made a black arrangement with a raven for the door.

My corn didn't make full ears so we could eat it, but the dried stalks are great decorations, at least.

We bought fake flowers to make a front porch arrangement...all it needs is for us to cut that big pumpkin off the stalk in the garden!
It won't be long!  Halloween is on its way...

12 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Glad your knee is better, The worms do look real,yuk!lol Cool decorations!

TexWisGirl said...

oh my goodness, those gummy worms are REALLY realistic! :) great job!

i like the poor black and white scarred tree.

Al said...

What fun - those gummy worms are too realistic for my taste. You should give them out to the kids :)

Rohrerbot said...

Love all your decs! I have terrible about this and would like to fix things up better down the road. For right now, it's just making sure the plants are happy:)

George said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dead computer, but I'm glad a new one is in your future. Your worms look like a great Halloween treat.

Vores have said...

Hello Marie - AZ
Nice pictures showing "halloween"
We have taken your custom for us here in Denmark - with pumpkin / cobwebs etc. - Shudder!
Wish you a good day :)
Hugs Hanne Bente

Debbie said...

haha, i thought the gummy worms looked super real and what a bonus that they tasted good!! (i don't care for those real ones!!)

Kathie Brown said...

It looks like you are definately in the spirit!

EG CameraGirl said...

EW! Those gummy worms are way too realistic for me.

Candy C. said...

I'll just sit in the corner and eat some worms! Ewwww!!
At least your corn stalks are getting used for decoration, that's what happened with mine the last time I tried growing it!
Have a nice visit! Sure wish I could make it to the Tea Room. :(

Carletta said...

Good news!
I've been away for a week visiting my Granddaughters and trying to catch up here. Glad your knee is so much better.
When you said gummy worms I pictured the kind I see in the store.
Can I just say Marie - ewww...
They do look real. I don't know if I could eat those. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Gummy worms. Yukie.

I will pass.

I do like your fake flowers.