Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


19 October 2012

Camera Critters and Macro Monday--Orange You Glad You're A Dragonfly!

I had taken his photo once before, only to see him perched on the same wooden stake again in my garden.  So back out I went, camera in hand, this time thinking I would be a little more bold and try to get closer.  My presence didn't bother him at ALL, and he let me take quite a few pictures.  Since then I've watched him perch here several times for hours at a time, flying up briefly to catch a tiny bug, his wings ruffled by a gentle breeze.


It almost looks like he's smiling at me!

Look at the latticework sections at the top of his wings.


Linking to Orange You Glad Its Friday, Camera Critters and Macro Monday.

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

very cool bi-plane. :)

Rohrerbot said...

Nice close ups....you can see all the detail in the wings. These dragonflies are so beautiful. Hope you have a fun weekend planned! Chris:)

Candy C. said...

Dang, Marie, what GREAT shots of the dragonfly!! I'm soooo jealous! ;-)
The wings are just beautiful!

BlueShell said...

What a magnificent, fantastic blog you have got here! Glad I drop by! xoxo
BShell

Brian King said...

That's cool! I've never seen a dragonfly that color. Just in time for Halloween.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful captures of the dragonfly. Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great photos! I love the second one.

Kathy said...

These guys can be very difficult to photography. You've done a great job.

EG CameraGirl said...

I wonder how red dragonflies can hide. Good thing they are quick when they spy their prey!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Cool,I've never seen an orange dragonfly.Great pics!

Ingmarie We said...

Lovely photos. The dragonflies are so interesting. There are som many different of them. Yes he/she smiles at you!

Phil Slade said...

Your dragon shots are so good. Didn't know there were orange coloured ones - until now.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow I cannot believe these shots they are amazing. B

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I do not know how to tell a he from a she in the bug world.
Your photos are lovely.

George said...

These are magnificent macros. Very well done!

Linda said...

He was most patient and you were spot on with your focus and composition. Love the details.

http://word-painting.blogspot.com

Vores have said...

WAU - where great pictures you took of dragonflies.
Wish you a good day :)
Hugs Hanne Bente

Anonymous said...

What exquisite shots! Just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous capture of this double-wings dragonfly.

I have seen this type of dragonfly around here this summer, but it never landed, so I couldn't get any photo.

NatureFootstep said...

thid kind of dragonflies usually have their favourite place to sit on. .)

Do you know I have a meme for Winged ones?
http://nfmemes.blogspot.se/search/label/NF%20Winged

Carletta said...

These are wonderful Marie!
I just love those lacy wings!

Unknown said...

Wow, the dragonfly is gorgeous!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

You captured it beautifully!