Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
08 October 2012
Renowned Pianist and Friend!
I had such a delightful card in the mail...James Dick, my former employer-- Concert Pianist and Founder and Artistic Director of the International Festival Institute at Round Top, Texas would be here to play with the Southern Arizona Symphony! I hadn't seen Jimmy in eight years! I was so happy that we would be able to hear him play again. I can't even begin to explain how amazing it was to work at the Festival Institute for five years! I need to do a new post on it soon and share it with all of you! I miss so many friends from my time in Texas...James Dick not least of all!
My husband and I invited him to lunch with us (and the grandson) at Union! We met there last Friday and had a truly wonderful two hours, catching up on old times, enjoying our meal, and sharing everything we could cram in. Jack and Yvonne both came out to the table several times to have short visits. They too remember him well, and he them. It was such a special time together!
Posing with James Dick and our grandson at the end of our delightful lunch.
The concert was scheduled for Sunday at 3:00 at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church. There was another venue on Saturday night, but I bought tickets for us for Sunday...the church wasn't even very far from our home! And then I injured my knee in the garden! I've torn a ligament or something, and have been having to elevate it ever since. We didn't make the concert, and I was SO DISAPPOINTED! I couldn't believe our unfortunate luck! :-(
For those who would like to see what I missed, here is Jimmy at the piano in Round Top... He's wonderful!
Such a disappointment...but I am determined to get back to Round Top some time next year...it's been far too long!
20 comments:
Anonymous
said...
How lovely! Thanks so much for sharing the video. So very sorry about your knee. Feel better soon.
Such lovely and sad news. I think it's wonderful to reconnect with old friends. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit and I'm so sorry you didn't get to the concert. Have you been to the doctor? I only ask because I thought I had only pulled something a few years ago and so did my one doctor. Turns out I tore a disk. The ortho Dr. knew even before the x-ray. I had hobbled on it for six months. Be careful.
I know what a thrill it was for you to see Mr. Dick (Jimmy) again, Marie. I am so sorry that you hurt your knee and that you missed his concert. I so enjoyed seeing him perform here in Norfolk. Thanks to you.
Hi Marie,such a disappointment to miss the concert when it was so near home as well. I hope your knee is is improving as we speak!You had a great visit with your friend at least to catch up on old times.Thanks for sharing the video
What a BUMMER about your knee! I'm glad you got to get together and do some catching up at least. Thanks for posting the mini concert, it was lovely! :)
I am so sorry you missed the concert Marie but am glad you had such an amazing evening with your old friend. I loved the video and hope I will get to see him myself one day.
Nice piece. Just hvinf a problem on my laptop. The latest version of Safari is sending sound clips all scrambled so I heard it when I saw the Haunted Hill pic. Really spooky when the things run on their own!
20 comments:
How lovely! Thanks so much for sharing the video. So very sorry about your knee. Feel better soon.
i'm so sorry about the knee and causing you to miss the performance. at least you had a great couple of hours catching up. :)
Such lovely and sad news. I think it's wonderful to reconnect with old friends. It sounds like you had a wonderful visit and I'm so sorry you didn't get to the concert.
Have you been to the doctor? I only ask because I thought I had only pulled something a few years ago and so did my one doctor. Turns out I tore a disk. The ortho Dr. knew even before the x-ray. I had hobbled on it for six months. Be careful.
I know what a thrill it was for you to see Mr. Dick (Jimmy) again, Marie. I am so sorry that you hurt your knee and that you missed his concert. I so enjoyed seeing him perform here in Norfolk. Thanks to you.
I'm so sorry you missed the concert. At least you had a chance to visit with him over lunch. I hope your knee heals quickly.
Oh how sad that you missed the concert... I believe I would have wrapped my knee and still gone... Darn--that is terrible.
Anyhow--glad you could see Jimmy again and take him to lunch. Thanks for sharing the video... AMAZING.
Cold here this week... We've had a fire in the fireplace all week... LOVE it.
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Marie,such a disappointment to miss the concert when it was so near home as well. I hope your knee is is improving as we speak!You had a great visit with your friend at least to catch up on old times.Thanks for sharing the video
I enjoyed the video, Marie!
And I'm so sorry about your knee and hope it will be well soon!
What a BUMMER about your knee! I'm glad you got to get together and do some catching up at least. Thanks for posting the mini concert, it was lovely! :)
I am so sorry you missed the concert Marie but am glad you had such an amazing evening with your old friend. I loved the video and hope I will get to see him myself one day.
Do hope your knee recovers quickly.
WOW! He plays beautifully! Sorry you missed hearing his concert in person. Hope your knee heals quickly!
Oh I am so sorry about your knee I hope it is on the mend. Yes he is truly talented. Thank you for sharing. Yes there will be a next time for you. B
I´m sorry you missed it. :( But I hope your knee is better now.
What Beautiful music! Sounds like you should be high up on a cliff overlooking crashing waves...
Nice!
hughugs
I have tendonitis. I know how you feel!
I hope your knee is better soon. So sorry you had to miss the concert, but nice that you got to meet your friend again.
WOW~ he is amazing!
Sorry about your knee~ hope you're feeling better!
I'm sorry to hear about your knee and the missed concert, but I am glad you were able to visit with this talented pianist and friend.
Nice piece. Just hvinf a problem on my laptop. The latest version of Safari is sending sound clips all scrambled so I heard it when I saw the Haunted Hill pic. Really spooky when the things run on their own!
what a bummer....but a beautiful family photo. it's very nice of you!!
Post a Comment