Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


01 October 2015

Summer Tucson Skies for Friday

WELL EVERYONE...MY COMPUTER CRASHED!  THAT'S WHY I HAVE BEEN ABSENT.  I'M STILL GETTING USED TO THIS NEW COMPUTER SO BEAR WITH ME WHILE I GET THINGS POSTED AND CATCH UP! I actually prepared this post last week before my computer crashed!.....

For Skywatch Friday, some shots taken nearly a month ago....Also joining in with Willy Nilly Friday Five and Five on Friday as well as Saturday's Critters.  Thanks to each meme host!

1.  Tucson Summer Skies:

Check out the bird soaring above...a happy accident!
 




2.  As many of you may know by now, we just returned from a four day cruise on the Carnival Inspiration lines, to Catalina Island, California, and Encenada, Mexico.  While we were at sea, there was a major earthquake in Chile, sending a tsunami north and west toward Hawaii.  I can't say I wasn't a bit unnerved by this fact, since the tsumani would pass right under us!  I figured the ship would rock noticeably when it happened, but my husband explained that the waves don't reach their enormous height until they approach land and in the deep ocean would only be a ripple in strength.  He was quite right, as we never noticed any disturbance.  That was a relief.

3.  A couple of tiny little lizards from our yard for Saturday's Critters, as well as a Vulture in the neighborhood and a cormorant at Coachline Lake (saving our Pacific ocean critters for my next post!):







4. If you are like me, you may never have considered taking a cruise before.  Our son-in-law wanted to do this, and we said "Let's go for it!"  I am so glad we did!  Some facts you may not know about a Carnival Cruise:
   * Someone mentioned you have to eat when it's served....that is not true.  Not only is there food on the Lido deck (buffet style) and by the pool(also buffet) the dining room setup can be "Anytime Dining."  You can choose to eat at 5 or 6 or 7, whatever suits you, or come anytime, depending on when you sign up for.  There is also room service.  And for kids...24 hour pizza and ice cream.  I have never seen SO MUCH FOOD!  The buffet and room service foods were just average, but the dining room meals were OUTSTANDING!!!!  My husband had the best steak we have ever eaten (I took a few bites)....it was incredible!  All the dining room food was delicious!
  ** For all the scares over people having outbreaks of intestinal illness, we found the boat incredibly clean.  Everyone called us by name, catered to our every need, and cleaned constantly!  No one got sick, and the entire experience was so relaxing!
  *** If you are worried about sea-sickness, I don't think it will be an issue.  You can take dramamine, but the ship has incredible stabilizers that keep it from rocking.  I felt a little light-headed at times, kind've a mild vertigo because my feet were not on solid ground, but it was very mild.
  ****You can do whatever you want....don't want to go to the port when you dock? Then stay on the Serenity Deck (no music and no kids) and read a book!  It's the most relaxing vacation!

5.   Check out my posts over the next few weeks for my photo shares of the trip!  Our embarkation and Long Beach photos were posted this past weekend....more to come!

33 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Marie, sorry about your computer crash and glad you got it up and running again! Love those Tuscon skies....sigh....and the 'critters'. Buzzards are the epitome of the 'Old West', aren't they? Your cruise sounds wonderful - I've never been on one. Someday I would love to take the Alaskan cruise, as it leaves from Seattle. Looking forward to seeing your photos! x Karen

Mersad said...

Love those autumnal sky images. Looking forward to your road trip shots.

Amy at love made my home said...

So glad that your cruise was so good and that you were safe and not sea sick at all. The skies in your first set of photos are beautiful! Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

Tom said...

Do you remember when a computer couldn't ruin your day?

TexWisGirl said...

glad your cruise was enjoyable and glad you have a new computer, too!

Michelle said...

I appreciate your comments about cruising. We have considered it, but haven't done it,....yet! You might sway my decision!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous skies! Love that vulture!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Welcome back...I know how frustrating it must have been without a computer for awhile.. I'd feel as if I had lost my arm or leg.... ha ha

Beautiful sky pictures... We took a cruise to the South Caribbean in 2001 and loved it... I agree with you about ALL of your thoughts/explanations. We didn't want to eat with a group ---so we always ate at different places and at different times... Worked great and your are right about SO much food... Gads! ha

Can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Hugs,
Betsy

Kathy said...

Yes, I've been wondering about you. I know how you feel. I had a total crash just a few weeks ago and then just recently problems with the laptop I've been working on since. I've had it in the shop twice and like so many other things, they can't quite get it to simulate the problem I have at home! So far this week it's been okay.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. I've never been on one either and frankly have been reluctant recently. I know those things don't happen on all boats but it's still a worry. Can't wait to see all your photos and hear your stories when you're ready to roll!

Rosie said...

Lovely sky photos for Five on Friday. It sounds like your cruise was a great success. Hope you get used to your new computer, it is always a difficult thing to do when you are so familiar with an old one:)

Latane Barton said...

A beautiful sunset. I am glad the mouse worked on that new laptop. What would we do without a mouse!! I am glad you got all set up with that new contraption, too. Looking forward to seeing you 'catch up'.

mamasmercantile said...

Your cruise sounds like an amazing experience, I love the sound of all that beautiful food.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sorry to hear about the computer crash but good to know you are up and running again (and learning as you go). Always takes getting used to. We have friends who've done many cruises and love it. I get motion sickness so easily so not sure if stabilizers would even help me. The threat of waves would have definitely had me worried. Glad you had smooth sailing.

fredamans said...

Beautiful skies indeed! I do like the lizard a lot though. Used to have a few when I was younger.

Crimson Kettle said...

Lovely to hear you had such a good time on your cruise. I was very interested to note your comments on the tsunami and the cruise tips, I haven't been on one before. Many thanks for your messages. Have a great week. :-)

Mascha said...

Great skyphotos, my absolute favorite is #1. And the cute lizards...
Glad, you had a famous cruise :-)

Forest Dream Weaver said...

Wonderful skies......love the cute lizard!

Mac n' Janet said...

Your sky shots are incredible. Good luck with your new computer. We've never done a cruise, but we've been kicking around the idea of a river cruise in eastern Europe.

September Violets said...

Beautiful sky scenery! I'm kind of glad we don't have lizards here, just a few salamanders. They give me the jitters. Great shot of the turkey vulture. Our vultures are migrating south now, and we see them passing high overhead on a regular basis throughout these cooler fall days. Glad you enjoyed your cruise ... my family pestered me for YEARS to go on one, and finally I agreed and we had a dream vacation also on Carnival through the Mediterranean, visiting mostly ports in Italy. I'm so glad that the tsunami was uneventful for you, that would terrify me too! Enjoy your weekend Marie :)
Wendy

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Your skies are beautiful!! Have a nice weekend.

Chris said...

Thank you for explaining all about your cruise, it has put my mind at rest, sounded perfect! And your sky photos were amazing, just wonderful.

EG CameraGirl said...

The summer skies are gorgeous! Computer crashes are devastating so I'm glad you are learning your new computer!

NatureFootstep said...

nice to see you back in business :) You have nice skies in your part of the world. And such a cute little lizard :)

Sharon Wagner said...

Such a pretty pastel sky. And a cute little guy. That's what I call them.

sweetbriardreams said...

A computer crash feels like the end of the world (well it did to me a little while ago!). I hope everything is well now and you can relax a little. I am planning to go on a cruise in a couple of years time, so I am pleased to read that some of the myths are, well, myths :-D So glad as well that you weren't affected by a tsunami, I would be very anxious. Take care and I look forward to seeing more of your cruise xx

Unknown said...

Oh! The beauty of nature- large and small! Love those sky shots- so many pastel shades. And that little lizard - he's a cutie! I wonder if he would make a good little pet! I hope your computer cooperate from now on..... Have a wonderful weekend.

Hannah said...

Since you were writing the post before the crash, I assume you could recover your files. Enjoy your new computer! The cruise sounds like a wonderful trip. I've seen the ads and the ships look so fabulous. I used to live in San Diego but never made it to Catalina Island, though some of my kids went camping there.

Lois said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time on your cruise. I'm probably the only resident of the state of Florida who has never been on one! I might have to try it.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great cruise. I love the lizards.

Anonymous said...

The sky on those first pictures is beautiful. Your cruise sounds absolutely wonderful. I would have been worried about the tsunami too, I'm glad it didn't disturb or disrupt your adventure too much. I have to say, I have a bit of a things about lizards, I wouldn't get near enough to take that photograph ha! xx

Rohrerbot said...

I want to take a cruise to the Arctic one day. I think that would be so much fun.

Tanya Breese said...

oh no marie, sorry about your computer but glad you are back! wonderful shots, i love the cute little lizard! thank you for linking and have a great week!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marie, I am glad you enjoyed the cruise. Lovely sky shots. And the lizards are cute! I am sorry I am so late commenting, I've been away. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post! Have a happy weekend!