My brother reached 55 not long ago. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii when my Dad was stationed there, and was an adorable little boy, and later a sweet and wonderful young man. Three years ago he lost his beloved dog, Casey, who had been his friend for 14 years. I thought that his birthday would be the perfect time to honor Casey, and send my brother a remembrance of his special pet, so I decided to paint a portrait.
 |
| It's appropriate since I am using the easle he made for me himself for a Christmas present back in the 80s. |
My brother hiked the Grand Canyon with us on his 23rd birthday and helped out when hubby Russell got sick with the flu on that hike. Michael came out of the North Rim, left his pack at the car, hiked back in and took Russell's pack from him, hiked out with it, and then YEP....hiked in again and got my pack (because the N Rim was kicking my butt! :-) ) What an amazing feat he accomplished that day as we were slowly making our way out. He's an amazing guy!!!
 |
| Happy Birthday Michael! |
18 comments:
what a sweet and wonderful gift! very personal and well done!
Sweet picture of the doggie you have painted! ANd what a good looking brother you have! What's that he is playing?
Happy Birthday to your handsome brother...you did a great job...I bet your brother will be very touched...
Hello Marie-AZ
First, congratulations on your brother's birthday.
Very nice painting you have painted of his dog ....... man's best friend.
Wish you a good day :)
Hugs Hanne Bente
Nice thoughts there Marie, and keep up the painting.
Happy Birthday to Michael. I turned 55 in August! Your painting is wonderful.
That's awesome, Marie! I'm sure he'll enjoy it very much! Happy Birthday to your brother!
A very special brother indeed and he is going to love the painting, I know I do :) Happy Birthday Michael.
Happy Birthday to your brother, what a lucky guy to have such an artistic sister! He's gonna love your painting!!
Happy Birthday Michael. Your sister is an amazing artist and you are both very to have each other. Enjoy your painting. B
he deserves a great birthday gift. :)
What a sweet gift for your brother!! I'm sure he will treasure the painting of his buddy Casey! :)
Very very nice!!! Love your art....I didn't know that about you. That's very very cool. Happy birthday to your brother!!! When it comes to that artsy stuff, I'm no good:) I'm sure he's going to love it.
What a wonderful gift for your sweet brother!
What a special person!
Your portrait of his dog is lovely.
You have a super brother and what a kind thing to paint him a picture of a treasure.
He must be happy that you made good use of that easel.
Happy birthday to your brother!
You did a wonderful job painting his beloved pet..
I don't think I knew you painted.
This is wonderful and what a lovely thing to do for your brother.
Post a Comment