Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


30 October 2012

Do Not Fear

I have an admission...I have been having fears and depression because of concerns about our future.  No need to go into any details.  If you want to know some of my concerns, you can check out my current events blog.  But, that is not why I am writing this post.  Sunday at church we had a wonderful sermon about fear.  The coming storm had added to my worries, and the message on Sunday was from God addressing everything in my heart.  God always knows our needs.
Isaiah 41: 10-13
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.  Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.  For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not, I will help thee. "

I hope this scripture will strengthen those who are in fear right now because of the ravages of the storm, because of sin or because of the uncertainties of the future.  I heard from my Mom early this morning to tell me that my sister, an hour out of NYC, had a huge oak tree fall through the roof of her house.  They don't have electricity, and have been told it would be safer to leave the house because of the structural damage and the weight of the tree which cannot be removed for a while.  But, they are all safe.  God is good!  I pray that all who have been affected by this storm, by rain and wind, snow or fire, will turn to God for their strength and comfort.  I have just heard the loss of life is 48 and my heart goes out to the families!

No, we don't know what lies ahead in the future.  We all need to be lifting our eyes to God as we face the evils of this world .  I hope and pray all my blogger friends in the NE are safe and well. God bless you all!


14 comments:

Dorothy said...

That is a wonderful scripture! I hope we will all hold onto that as we face our fears.

TexWisGirl said...

it is sad to watch and read the news reports. 46 dead is the latest i've seen. such devastation.

TexWisGirl said...

p.s. i meant to include a note that i am SO sorry about your sister's home, but hope they can find shelter and can get their home repaired soon!

Carletta said...

I have tears in my eyes as I read this Marie. I feel very blessed that with this storm our immediate area was spared the brunt. My Mom and brother only an hour and two hours away have way more snow.
Your scripture is spot on for me today. A friend sent me good news about their health. I had been fearful for days. Thank you for such a wonderful reminder to stay strong.
Prayers for your sister and her family and you as well.

Rohrerbot said...

I think it's natural for us to be fearful of what's coming...and it won't affect us....it's going to affect the grandkids and that makes me sad. There are some good things happening and you have to focus on those moments and actions.

I think as a blogger we're meant to be a little cynical about things as we journal about the daily happenings....and we see all the things going on. Focus on the good. Hugs. Chris:)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I also am worried about our future as a country/people... The best thing to do about it is to turn it over to God... I pray every day for us and the country---and for what is best for us...

God Bless you, Marie... Turn your burdens over to God...

Hugs,
Betsy

Candy C. said...

I'm glad your sister is okay but what a shame about the house! It certainly was a big, nasty storm...

Latane Barton said...

Your post touched me so much this morning, Marie. Check out my other blog to see where I am and why it touched me. Love you.

Paula said...

This was so beautiful, Marie... and such a wonderful reassurance that our God has everything under control!!
Thanks for sharing this... and I pray your loved ones are safe.

Patsy said...

We must trust God, He has a plan we may not like it. But have faith He will take care of us if we stay in His word.

Anonymous said...

I agree we must rely upon the Lord...

DeniseinVA said...

Marie, what a beautiful scripture you have shared with us today. I am sorry that you have many worries to contend with. Stresses in life can seem overwhelming at times but a person's faith can get them through the most difficult of times. Gosh, I am so thankful your sister escaped unharmed. So much devastation for everyone and my heart goes out to all who are having to deal with the sadness of losing a loved one, and everything else they have to contend with. Sending a hug to you and your family today. Take good care of yourself my friend.

Donna said...

Amen Girl! Believe....
(((HUG)))

Buttons Thoughts said...

Do not worry Marie everything will be alright I just know it. Hugs B