Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


06 May 2015

Tucson Fences Thursday

A few more fences from our drive two weeks ago....Joining in with Theresa's Good Fences:

A cow skull on the gate.

Closeup of the gate

A fence across a wash, showing the debris that washed up against the fencing in the last monsoon rains months ago.

Fence decorated with a skull also.

17 comments:

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Marie; That is a unique fence with a cow skull. Oh, I wish the monsoon rains didn't cause much damage for the owner.
I appreciate your sweet comments and so sorry for my absence. I love your profile picture♪
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marie, those skull decorations are cool! Great fence shots! Happy Thursday!

Linda Kay said...

In Texas, we see many skulls mounted on things...kind of a tradition I guess.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I think your header is very attractive.

TexWisGirl said...

like those skulls! i have to clear 2 fence lines from debris in the creek area here, too. grrr...

i really like the oxen yokes hanging from the gate overhead bar. :)

Ida said...

Neat gate. The skulls are so "western" and I like the cacti on the metal fencing.

Brian King said...

I really like the skulls! Very appropriate for that part of the country! Nice gate, too!

Hootin Anni said...

A real western flair today! I like it!!!!

Lois said...

I'm not sure about the cow skulls, but that debris looks a little bit like driftwood!

Anonymous said...

Great gate, Marie. The decor is fitting...I guess. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie! Being from the east, I wonder what the fascination is in decorating with animal skulls. Hope all is well with you.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Marie - I love that sturdy gate! The skulls are a nice deterrent! :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Cattle skulls give the place a total Western feel.
~

Latane Barton said...

More interesting fences, Marie. But, I just don't know if I could stand to see all those skulls staring at me all day long.

Linda said...

I have mixed feelings about those skulls!

Rose said...

Looks sturdy enough to last...and I like the simple design.

Sorry I am late getting to this..I Joined the fence meme because I had it posted already and then we had to go to Lorelei's. Did not get many visits in.

Debbie said...

WoW!!! very cool fences...i guess it's just what you would expect in that area!!!!