Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


26 May 2015

Sonoran Desert Smiles

From a recent drive and also from my yard, birds I would like to share with you.  This is for Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday and Anni's Bird d'Pot (I'd Rather Be Birding).  Thanks to you both:

White-winged dove on top of my saguaro

Another white winged dove
And yet another dove.

House finch in the Texas sage

It's time for our morning bath...who wants to go first?

Ahhhhh

OK, who's next?

Yeah, that feels so good!

Late afternoon dove on a fence

Gambel's Quail....I missed the shot of her pecking at the fallen Prickly Pear blossom!


Pecking at flowers of unknown type

Female House Finch


29 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Sweet collection of birds. I love the doves, finches and the cute Quails. Wonderful series of photos, Marie!

Helma said...

Hello Marie,
I love that you share it with us :-) birds that shows you are also beautiful birds. Very nice that you could put this in the picture so that we can enjoy it too.
Kind regards, Helma




TexWisGirl said...

lovely yard birds you have!

Latane Barton said...

I love the pictures of the doves. You did a fantastic job capturing those. And, my goodness, there's a bunch more you found, too. You are really into birding aren't you?

Ela said...

I love your fantastic pictures !! My birds also love swimming in the water !!
Greetings

Michelle said...

Awww...love those doves.

Lois said...

I love all your bird photos and I always enjoy watching a bird take a bath. I guess that's why I have three birdbaths in my yard!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing shots of birds. We are enjoying bird serenades at our son's home in Eastern Washington. It's great to be in the country to really enjoy all the different birds. Have a great week!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love seeing all the birds, especially splashing in the pretty bird bath! How cute is that quail? xo Karen

mick said...

Great series of photos of all the birds. The first dove against the blue sky is very pretty but I especially like the Quail.

Adam Jones said...

I really like that Quail

Sharon Wagner said...

So many birds today! The first dove is so pretty against the blue sky.

Linda Kay said...

I love the quail, as they are so unique with that little thingy on their heads. The pretty finch in the sage is really lovely.

Irma said...

Hi Marie,
Beautiful pictures of the pigeons, that have captured perfectly.
Finch is really great, wonderful color he has.
Best regards, Irma

Unknown said...

The quail is a beauty and the doves are very pretty.

Kathy said...

So many sweet photos in this post. Keep 'em coming!

thewovenspoke said...

Marie, you captured quite a variety of desert birds, good shots.

Silver Parrot said...

Great photos - love the Quail!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely the prettiest birdbath I've ever seen! Love it. And your birds are so sweet. The saguaros are always so impressive.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful captures.

Dewena said...

Such good pictures! I've always felt a special fondness for doves.

Rohrerbot said...

What a great crew of birds. The White-winged Doves are here right now feeding from the saguaro flowers. I've been enjoying them this week during my conferences. They are one of the few birds that fly around in this heat! Tough! Stay cool now that summer begins. I'm going to get my National Park pass this week because I love staying in my car and driving around Saguaro National Park to bird during the summer months. But I think I'll be heading up to higher elevations to stay out of this nasty heat! Oh! One thing! Hummingbird feeders. I don't know if you know this or not, but change the sugar water every 3 to 4 days due to the mold and fermentation of the sugar with the heat. Drunk hummers:( Have a great week!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Such a nice variety here ! :) I also like your bird-on-the-fence capture in the other post :)

Jibberjabberuk said...

I love the blue around the eye of the doves - it looks like they are wearing makeup!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, you found a lot of lovely birds.

From a photography point of view I love the second one. It´s a beautiful photo.

Anonymous said...

Pretty doves! Birds in the bath are all too cute! Love the quail!

Brian King said...

You hit the dove lottery! Nice shots! The quail are beautiful!

Bethany Carson said...

Beautiful selection of birds!

Anni said...

Oh excellent.....excellent!!!!

Is that bird bath in your yard?!! I love that too.