It's time for Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday Five!
This week we had our first monsoon thunderstorm during the night--a month early! I actually took the rainbow photo of the two palms I posted on Tuesday the evening before this happened, and it was raining in different spots over town. It hit us on the NW of town with many loud bangs and flashes and some driving rain around 1 am lasting about twenty minutes. Here is how the rain looked earlier that evening between us & the mountains:
For Denise's Today's Flowers: The Palo Verde blossoms are beginning to fade. The two trees in my front yard were "late bloomers" and here a three photos of what they look like still:
| There's a goldfinch hiding right in the center of this shot |
For Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday Five, here are the last three on Rose's "list." To add two more, I am making up two of my own, so 4 & 5 are all me....
1.
If I were a door I’d be the door to happiness.
2.
If I were a pair of shoes I’d be ballet slippers.
3.
If I were a poem I’d be about the seasons.
4.
If I were a book, I'd be To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
5.
If I were an attitude, I'd be complete serenity.
Bethany at Liberty or Death shared an entirely different list of questions on her blog that I will start sharing next week. There are only 11 of those, but I may add enough to make a full 15. There are some other things I am looking forward to share in the near future as well.
Praying for those who were just ravaged by devastating storms! Until next week....
30 comments:
really love those blooms! i couldn't see the goldfinch among them. :)
Wasn't that a crazy storm???!!!! I loved it! Anytime we get rain, it's a good day. Have a good weekend!
Pretty blooms and images. The sky shot is beautiful. I like your "5 If I" answers. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!
Are you then waiting for Go Set a Watchman? I am. And have you read The Mockingbird Next Door...at least I think that is the title. I haven't but want to one of these days.
Nice pictures with these exquisite spring flowers, a delight! Beautiful landscape in first!
If I was a pair of shoes, I'd be flip-flops. Tom The Backroads Traveller
What pretty pictures! I am pretty sure I would be flip flops.
Those flowers are gorgeous! I like your #1 response. If you were a door, you'd be a door I'd like to enter! Looking forward to your answers on my list of questions!
What a famous light in the first photo!
And so nice yellow...
I know that book since decades, like it.
Have a great weekend
Very nice photos. We made our first visit to Arizona for Christmas with our son and family. Definitely looking forward to going again.
The yellow flowers and bushes always make me feel Springy. Fun 5 today!
Palo verde is definitely a good camouflage for goldfinch. I couldn't find it!
What a delightful list of five! Lovely flowers too Marie.
Beautiful desert gold! Stay dry during the monsoon season!
That must be done of the few places where goldfinches are camouflaged. Nice pictures.
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
The colour is wonderful. A perfect place for the goldfinch to hide.
Excellent shots of beautiful and colorful flowers.
I hope you are safe from the awful storms we see on TV. Love your flowers.
Those Palo Verde blossoms are exquisite Marie and the first photo, a lovely scene but must have been quite a storm. Thank you for sharing with Today's Flowers and have a great week :)
Hi there, Just stopping by to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to you. I’m sure you are having a fabulous day. I celebrated yesterday when one of my sons and his beautiful wife came to see us….
As you probably know, we’ve been out-of-town this past week and I haven’t done any blogging much at all. I hope you enjoyed my two Tulip blog posts while we were gone——and be sure and tune in tomorrow morning to find out what we’ve been doing this past week….
Enjoyed your post today, especially the "IF" answers.
Hugs,
Betsy
The 'palo verde blossoms' are new to me. Are they common in your area?
They are lovely.
Happy Mother's Day. You share the most incredible photos.
Very pretty. Monsoon doesn't begin to describe our weather this past week!
Amazing yellow blooms. It must have been a bit of magic to spot a goldfinch in them!
Excellent shots! I'm not sure but I see the goldfinch in the last picture! Am i right? :)
Those golden blooms are beauties.
Storms are so exciting. Sometimes too exciting. I like your desert flowering trees, just a riot of blooms, I can't see the goldfinch. If I were shoes I would have to be waterproof gardening shoes. I like your list.
i'm pretty sure i spotted the goldfinch, in the dead center, i see just a lil black!!!
i love a good rain and a little darkness right in the middle of the day. we need rain desperately here at the jersey shore!!!
"The door to happiness." I like that!
i couldn't find the finch, he is sure camoflauged! i've never read to kill a mockinbird, only seen the movie...i really should read it! thanks for linking marie!!
Post a Comment