Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


11 May 2015

Oh The Yardbirds!

Sitting out on my front "porch" early in the morning after refilling the feeders can be a delight.  For Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday and Anni's Bird d'Pot here are some shots of one morning this past week:

Lesser Goldfinch


Female Gambel's Quail

Taking off!




The House Finches love the suet!






House finch waiting his turn at the suet feeder while perched on the unopened saguaro flower buds.  They are now beginning to open up. Pictures will come soon!

Verdin taking flight

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty birds! The quail are beautiful.

Cloudia said...

Oh I enjoyed this so much!







( '>
/))
//""

ALOHA from Honolulu,
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

eileeninmd said...

Oh wow, you have beautiful yardbirds Marie! I love the cute Lesser Goldfinch and the adorable Quail. I would love to see a Verdin! Great shots, enjoy your day!

diane b said...

You must have some fun watching these cuties flittering around your yard.

TexWisGirl said...

delightful visitors! love those quail!

Patsy said...

Lovely morning and full of song!

Kathy said...

You have some beautiful goldfinches at your feeders. Do they stay there year round or migrate north in the spring like ours here do? Can't wait to see your saguaro blooms!

Sharon Wagner said...

What a nice way to start the day!

Linda Kay said...

You got some good pictures of the birds. I especially like the gold finches, as we don't see them very often here.

L. D. said...

It was really great to see some of your birds. I had never heard of the lesser finch.

Helma said...

Hello Marie,
really nice all these pictures with those beautiful and colorful birds.
In the Netherlands, only a few colorful birds you have so many.
Beautiful to see :-) I enjoyed your birds.

Brian King said...

Nice shots! Love the quails! We don't see quails much here.

Debbie said...

you have become quite the birder!! you have some pretty beautiful birds visiting you!!!!

mick said...

Beautiful birds and I am sure that it would be delightful to be sitting on your porch and watching and photographing them all. Great photos.

Adam Jones said...

A great set of birds. I need to see a Quail this year.

BumbleVee said...

You don't have to go far to get some great shots....

Dorothy said...

I love the birdies! Great pictures!

Kristin_Texas said...

Love the goldfinch.

And birds do LOVE that suet! Ours have gone crazy over it. Every time I put more out, I can hear them telling each other. Lol!

Susan said...

Beautiful birds. I love the sweet finches!

Latane Barton said...

You have quite a variety of birds visiting you, don't you? It has to be entertaining.

NatureFootstep said...

a different kind of goldfinch, interesting :)

Hootin Anni said...

All are scarce [if non-existent in my part of the world] so a very special treat today Marie.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh lucky you... Great birds in your very own yard! Loved seeing the quail ... It's been quite a while since I have seen any in real life. And the saguaro with the bird ... Now THAT truly says Tucson to me!

Anonymous said...

Cute little Quail.

Stewart M said...

I do like those finches - and the rabbits in the next post as well if the truth be told!


Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

NatureFootstep said...

I can´t help but love seeing them on a cactus :)

Mascha said...

Cute series! A finch on a cactus, that I don't see often -

Anni said...

As I mentioned earlier this week...all a special treat for me.

Gayle said...

The house finch on the cactus reminds me how much I look forward to visiting Arizona again.
The finches finally appeared at our feeders yesterday and I was thrilled.

Annemor said...

I like those sitting on the cactus.
All the best.
Mormor

Jo said...

Marie your birds are exquisite! So good to visit your posts. Jo