Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


14 May 2015

Flora, Fauna & Fences

For Good Fences, hosted by Theresa at A Run Around Ranch Report; for Saturday's Critters hosted by Eileen at Viewing Nature with Eileen; and for Today's Flowers hosted by Denise of An English Girl Rambles....

A "welcome" horseshoe

And a hummingbird

A rabbit behind the fence!

Another bunny!






This is a zebratail lizard in my yard...they have long striped tails

And a spiny lizard

My new fuscia plant

The geranium and rose on my front porch...plus in the iron washpot (which was my Grandmother's) is a tropical Bird of Paradise
Because this is a flowers and critters post as well as fences, I have to tell you what happened last night!  See that beautiful, lush geranium!  Well, when I went outside this morning, the stems of the flowers groups (except for one) were all chewed in half!  And my wooden bird feeder, which my grandson had placed under our front window on the cement patio because of the high winds we had a few days ago, was knocked completely over!  It's heavy!  Something got into it, looking for food! So obviously something was on our front porch last night, and we have no idea what it was!  I thought, maybe javelina, but they didn't eat our prickly pear.  The fact is, they didn't eat anything, except to bite the stems of the geranium in half!  Our next door neighbor says he has seen a bobcat come down from the empty lot across the street.  But that doesn't make any sense either.  Such a strange mystery!  I hope I can solve it later and let you know...maybe with a critter cam!  And boy would I love to see that bobcat! :-)

A pretty wildflower by my mailbox

28 comments:

eileeninmd said...

They are both pretty gates and entrances. I do love the hummingbird. The bunnies are adorable and the flowers are pretty, I love the fuscia plant. Maybe you had a bear visit, they tend to knock stuff over.. Great post, enjoy your day!

Linda Kay said...

Beautiful pictures this morning. Interesting to see the hummingbird on the fence.
The bunnies are always entertaining.

TexWisGirl said...

hope you can i.d. your mystery critter invading your place! love the hares and the lizards. beautiful gate and hummingbird fence, too! thanks in advance for linking in!

Latane Barton said...

As I was scanning down viewing all those pretty pictures, I was pleasantly surprised to see Mom's old black wash pot sitting there holding flowers. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Great gates and fun captures with the bunnies and lizards! Love the fuscia!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I sure hope you can find out what animal is doing that. Love the bunny shots and the hummer on the gate is pretty!

Ida said...

Great looking gates, I like the horseshoe design and the hummingbird is so pretty.
Cute seeing all the bunnies. I like lizards so I enjoyed seeing them too and I also like flowers. That is odd about your geranium. I can't see a bobcat eating a geranium though. You wouldn't think they would do that.

Brian King said...

That's a fantastic gate! Love the horseshoe! Great shots of the rabbit!

Lois said...

Lovely shots and a mystery to go along with them! I hope you find out what it was. I just love that hummingbird gate.

Kathy said...

There was so much in this post to love. I loved the horseshoe ornamentation on the gate and I know you were in hummingbird heaven when you saw the other gate. That bunny behind the fence looked like he was posing just for you! And oh, what big ears he has! I have always wanted a fuscia plant. They are just so unique and colorful. Loved seeing your grandmother's washpot being put to good use today.

Maggie Ann said...

You are a brave lady!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The gates are beautiful...love that big horseshoe! And what a cute bunny. I took a photo of one this week but I don't think his ears were that long! Sweet hugs, Diane

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love Fuscia plants. My son gave me one one year in a hanging basket for Mother's Day.. Just gorgeous... BUT--that is the only one I've ever had...

Hugs,
Betsy

Rose said...

I hope you do figure it out, and hope I am around to learn what did the damage.

Love those fence shots..

DeniseinVA said...

That is a very fancy gate Marie, I love it! I enjoyed all your critter pics also and those flowers were real pretty. What a mystery! I wonder what animal did all that? Maybe you'll let us know when you find out :) Thanks for linking with Today's Flowers, so appreciate that :)))

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Wow, we have bunnies, but nothing like those fancy lizards!
~

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I love the Hummingbird on the gate and of course the bunny.

Christine said...

Hello Marie and what a great selection of photos for your post! I love the horseshoe gate and how creative to have a hummingbird worked into a gate!
Beautiful blooms too!
Have a lovely day!

Mascha said...

A bobcat who eat geraniums? - Very mysterious! (By the way, we have bobcats too, here in our Harz-Mountains)
Cute bunnies and a great pot, full of memories...lovely flowers and my favorite are the lizards.
Have a great weekend

Celestina Marie said...

Lovely photos for good fences. Love the hummingbird on the gate and the bunny is too cute.
That is a big lizard and I see that size here once in a while but rare.
I hope you find your troublemaker. We have bobcats here too and on occasion they are spotted during the day.
Your grandmother's washpot is a treasure.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, CM

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marie, just stopping back to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Debbie said...

the added fence art is just awesome....i almost thought the bunny was art too, but only for a second!!!!

Unknown said...

Cute bunnies and the lizards are pretty too.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful variety of critters.

Romi said...

The flowers are lovely.
I hope the mystery will be solved soon.

Mersad said...

The rabbit is so adorable.

kissed by an angel said...

That sounds very mysterious, Marie! Perhaps a bobcat with special preferences...I hope you can find it out!
The hummingbird and the horseshoe are wonderful and artistic ornaments! I like it very much! Also your beautiful pictures of all these lovely animals and your pretty flowers!!! How cute the tiny bunny looks :)

Enjoy nevertheless a good and enchanting time!
Katrin :)

Jo said...

I love the spiny lizard!