Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


29 May 2015

Penny Girl

I've been waiting to share some of the photos of our precious pet.  This is my share for Eileen's Saturday's Critters this week:  Penny had to be put to sleep almost seven years ago, at age 9 1/2.  She had cancer.  It was one of the hardest things we had ever had to do.  We got her from a breeder near Waco back in 1999, right after my husband had his heart attack.  She was a full-blooded Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy we registered as Royal Khoikhoin Huntress.  Her dam's name was Copper Penny, and Penny soon became our pup's "nickname."  We loved that dog so much, and miss her a lot.  Here are a few photos of sweet Penny....

Look at that face!

A Christmas present

Playing with her "Dad"

She looks embarrassed :-)

Our sweet puppy

Covering her head with my curtains :-)

19 comments:

Ela said...

She's so beautiful :)) I love these lovely eyes and a big wet nose :))
Greetings

Linda Kay said...

I'm sure it was a great loss...always hard to put an animal down. Our vet was very gentle with our Sophie when her time was ending.

TexWisGirl said...

my friend had a rhodesian ridgeback. she loved her girl, too.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Penny was very cute. It's such a shame our treasured pets don't live as long as we do.
~

Leovi said...

Like, really wonderful your pet Penny! Nice photos!

Anonymous said...

Such a loss when they go.

Our Son and his family loss Teddy whom we baby sat for a year later.

My younger son loss two dogs.

So sorry for your loss as well.

Thank goodness we all have pictures of them. To look back at.

eileeninmd said...

Penny was a sweet dog. I love the cute photos. I miss all my old dogs. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Penny was a beautiful girl. You must have many wonderful memories of her.

Unknown said...

She looks so sweet. It's always hard to put down an animal, but you can't let them suffer either.

Phil Slade said...

What a sweet dog she was Marie. It's wonderful that you remember and still think of her. She must have been a special friend.

Irma said...

Penny was a sweet dog.
I love the cute photos.
You must have many wonderful memories of her.
Best regards, Irma

Bethany Carson said...

It looks like she was a wonderful (and fun) dog to have!

Debbie said...

So sweet, looks like a wonderful companion!!

Maude Lynn said...

She sure was a beauty!

Suzan said...

Fun pictures of Pennie!! She is a Cutie!!!
My Augie is 13 and he is really showing his age. He's such an "old man" now and and I can bear the thought of that day - soon!! He's my shadow and our son!! Thank yo for sharing!!

Rajesh said...

Great series photos of the pet.

Lina Gustina said...

Those are memorable portraits of her.
Thanks for dropping by.

Rose said...

There are just some losses we never quite get over...I can tell by the look in her eyes that I would have liked her.

NatureFootstep said...

I can see why you still miss her. She looks lovely. :)