Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


19 May 2015

Feeding Frenzy!

A series of photos for my two favorite bird memes, Wild Bird Wednesday, hosted by Stewart, and Bird d'Pot (I'd Rather Be Birdin') hosted by Anni:
One day last week when I filled the feeders....

They came in droves...

Some of the white winged doves fed from seed I'd spread on the ground at first....

 


Then they took over the feeder....

And fought over their positions to feed

Making it impossible for the house finches and house sparrows to find a spot for themselves




The songbirds were patient

....and finally began to make some headway finding spots for themselves at the feeder.



In the end, everyone had to try to share.


32 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of your feeder birds. The doves were being piggies and taking over your feeders. I am glad to see the finches had their chance. Have a happy day and week ahead!

Ela said...

Marie, I love this serie of photos ! It's nice to watch these beautiful birds in the feeder !
Greetings

TexWisGirl said...

wow, doves on the feeders is a rare scene! :)

Rohrerbot said...

Those White-winged Doves are crazy!!! They make a mess and bully the other birds out of the feeders. Stinkers! But they are beautiful birds. Soon a good majority of them will take off over the course of our hot summer. It's just this time of year that they seem to take over the feeders. Hope you are enjoying this delightful weather! I sure am!

Lois said...

You got some wonderful pictures of all the birds! Seeing those white winged doves has put that Stevie Nicks song in my head though.

Bethany Carson said...

Neat to see so many birds! Love the doves!

diane b said...

You must get hours of pleasure watching them.

Kathy said...

The house finches finally got over their shyness!

Marie, thanks for the heads up the other day about Texas Rising. I had not heard about that and I am so excited. You know how passionate I am about Texas history. I can hardly tell someone a story about Fannin and Goliad without getting choked up and sometimes even bursting into tears!

L. D. said...

The blue around the eyes of your doves makes your doves different than our Eurasian ring-neck doves. You have some great photos to see.

Brian King said...

Awesome! We've never had that many doves at once!

mick said...

Great photos and it must have been lovely to see so many birds around and on the feeder.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I love the look of your bird feeding station and obviously the birds do too. Great shots of them.

Adam Jones said...

Very nice looking Doves.

Unknown said...

Pretty birds! I love the doves.

Tanya Breese said...

great shots marie! i love the doves!

Lea said...

Great action shots of the doves at the feeder!

Mersad said...

A really stunning display of wildlife behaviour.

Donna said...

Doves are so pushy!Hahaa
hughugs

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely photos! I've never seen doves go at a feeder like that.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lots of great photos - Love seeing the doves and finches. It must be wonderful to hear their 'cooing'. xo K

Rose said...

Looks like a crowded gathering...

DeniseinVA said...

I love your photos Marie. The dove is so pretty with that touch of blue on its face and around its eye, and the finches compliment your photos beautifully. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments. Always enjoy having you visit my friend :)

Sheila at WolfSongBlog.Com said...

I think these doves are so pretty. I only get to see them down south. Great series of shots telling your story! I have mourning and ring-necked here in CO and they both eat from a feeder. They have to compete with Jays, Finches, Lazuli and Sparrows

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

How fun to get so many! I enjoy listening to doves...we have some here, but not that many. Of course I don't have a feeder either!

Mascha said...

I've very enjoyed this cute series!
Have a nice weekend

Anni said...

Oh my oh my...Marie, this is so super. Not only the photos, but your captions/narration along with the series had me going as if I were right there....watching the action.

Inspired By June said...

Fun series and commentary, Marie!

Phil Slade said...

Hi Marie. Whatever it was you spread out those White-winged Doves certainly took a liking to it. Our Collared Doves and Woodpigeons can be very wasteful when feeding, always leaving bits around for the small birds to find after the large ones have cleared off.

Your House finches are very patient as well as very lovely. The males especially seem to be in fine summer plumage.

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Marie...mom and I did so enjoy your bird photos. thank you for stopping by to visit us yesterday.
Hugs madi and mom

NatureFootstep said...

great shots of the white winged dove. I have seen it but not this close. A beautiful one.

Anonymous said...

The White-winged Dove is a beauty, but pretty possessive of the feeder. We see only Mourning Doves here and they tend to be ground feeders.

Anonymous said...

How nice to have all those birds!