Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


05 May 2015

Brushing The Sky

I have been enjoying Monica's new meme, NatureFootstep Trees & Bushes, because I have always been a tree lover, and I do have many photos already of trees and bushes, plus there are so many varieties to photograph here in the desert.  Looking out my back sliding glass doors at the ever-present palm trees one sees all over Tucson, I  thought it would be fun to share my view.  Here is a photo of this tall boy (we are guessing it is about 60 to 70 feet tall!).  Palms are not native to the Sonoran Desert but grow well here, and can get 60 feet tall (The Mexican Fan Palm can get to 100 feet!) 


A cropped shot.
 Interestingly, after I started this post, I saw some fascinating photographic opportunities regarding the palm trees I see from my back porch.  Here is the first, as dusk approached:


And two nights later, at dusk, the original two palms:

with rainbow

For a bush, I want to share this coral fountain grass, a native to Mexico, and a favorite of the hummingbirds!  Also joining in with Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday and Anni's Bird d'Pot:






A house finch finds a high perch...






19 comments:

Annemor said...

Thank you for an interesting post. I like the hummingbird-photos best.
Have a nice day.
Mormor

Unknown said...

Those palms are really towering over everything else. I love the hummingbirds. I'd love to get to see them one day.

Lmkazmierczak said...

I enjoyed your discoveries♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/quiet-blossoms/

TexWisGirl said...

the palms are very cool. that one tall one is really a cell phone tower, i'm sure. ;)

Latane Barton said...

My my... that looks like a meme that you can really sink your teeth into. I will have to give it some thought. You certainly presented some snapshots that depicted the theme very well. Great going, Marie.

Adam Jones said...

Wow those palms are so tall. Lovely pictures.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

My favourite shots are the finches in this post.

mick said...

Great photos. I really like the palms. Most palms grow well around my place also but they take many years to get to the height of those you photographed. Of course - the birds are all beautiful!

theconstantwalker said...

So lovely to see...

Linda Kay said...

Marie, such a tall and slender tree. And I love the picture of the house finch.

Lois said...

Love both the birds and the palms! We have many palms here of course, but they don't get as tall as those.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marie, the palms are beautiful. And I love the sweet hummer and finch! Great shots! Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Donna said...

Love the trees and the hummer...fun!
hughugs

NatureFootstep said...

lol, a nice brush for the skies :)

And such a gret combination, birds (hummers) and tree flowers :) Can´t be better.

Glad you like the meme. I´m glad to have you :)

Patsy said...

What a different world then where I live. It all has it on beauty.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful photos - love the palm trees with the rainbow! Great shots of the hummingbird and finch, too. The coral fountain grass is so bright and unusual. Love seeing the trees and shrubs there. xo Karen

Bethany Carson said...

I'm still waiting for our hummers to come back, so I'm glad I can enjoy seeing yours today. Beautiful shot of the palms with the rainbow.

Anonymous said...

Really great shots. The bird is so cute.

Anni said...

We are getting too many hummingbirds in our yard this year...and, go figure, I bought 4 NEW feeders...only in need of one so far. I'm bummed.

Great photos Marie.