For Roan's Rubbish Tuesday (Come by and see all things old, vintage, treasured or tossed-aside!) I would like to share four shots taken by my daughter at an abandoned Purina Dog Chow plant in North Carolina several years ago. Abandoned buildings can present some fabulous photographic opportunities, and I love these black & whites.
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
26 January 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
old = awesome....they don't build/make things like they use to!!!
Neat shots Marie...
hughugs
I like taking photos of abandoned buildings too, Marie.
I always find it interesting that these manufacturing plants are just abandoned. Does somebody still own them and pay taxes on them and then the big question is 'why' were they abandoned.
MB
too bad it closed down!
Very nice, Marie. There are many abandoned places around here, too. You've inspired me to go out for a drive with my camera before the snows hit tonight.
Great shots. Old industrial buildings make good photos!
It is a very old brand name. The buildings I am sure have all been updated in a bigger and better place.
I like all of these. The black and white gives them a really nice effect.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
I love to find old Purina signs, I see very few. Tom The Backroads Traveller
Very cool! I love those! I like them in black and white!
Great old industrial shots! Would make nice art for walls.
Some of the old buildings are better than the new ones.
I like these shots very much. Old and abandoned structures always have so much to say.
They are quite fascinating shots, really give you the feel of the place. Great post. Thanks.
Have a nice week.
I love these old buildings...love looking at old photos, too.
these are great! i wonder if they've done anything with the building since? thank you for all the sweet comments...we really do have lots in common!
Let the good times roll, especially for these important places. Lovely shots.
Gorgeous black and whites!
With all that people spend on their pets, you would think the plant would have been able to stay in business and improve their facilities. It is so sad when small towns lose their main source of jobs and income. - Margy
Very nice B&Ws by your daughter! This looks like a very neat old place to visit.
That building seems sad that it is no longer being used...
I really love abandoned factories and the like. thanks for these!
Post a Comment