Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


05 January 2015

New Blogger Book Club

Here is the post Mom did yesterday. If you want to join us, let her know and send her your email so she can add you as an adminstrator.  Then we can all start sharing our book reviews!.....

HOW ABOUT A BLOGGER BOOK CLUB?

I have loved to read books since I was little bitty.  I realize that there are a lot of people in the same boat. When I had Marie (my first born) I read to her a lot. And, she has been an avid reader all her life.

So, daughter Marie from A Colorful World and I were talking about what joy we get from reading and how we love sharing our joy with others.

So.........

We ask each other "Why not have a book club on Blogger?"

I had already set up a new blog named Springtime In Magnolia (just as a sort of promotion for my newly published novel) but then it was just sitting there.

So, it will become the NEW BOOK CLUB blog!!

Rules: (I guess we need a few)

1. Anyone who loves to read can be an Book Club administrator (did you know you can have up to 100 admins on a blog? Least that's what I read)

2. If you plan to participate regularly (as often as you can) just comment on this blog post or email me. I will contact you for your email address so that Blogger can send you an invite to be an administrator on the book club blog (Springtime In Magnolia).

3. As an administrator, you can post on that blog just like you do on your own blog.

4. Sometime during each month post a 'review' of a book you have just read (or a favorite you have read in the past). We don't plan on having all of us reading the same book at the same time. You choose what you wish to read.

5. Feel free to comment on other bloggers reviews on the blog. That way we can share our joy of certain books and authors and make recommendations for others to read that particular book.


Marie and I hope you will join in the fun. So sign up soon. We will be looking for you!!

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hi Marie! I joined up!

Bob Bushell said...

No pictures, oh.

diane b said...

Your Mum has a good idea and her book looks interesting.

DeniseinVA said...

This is a great idea. I used to read to our son his whole growing up years until he learned to read and he is still a great reader. I on the other hand have slacked off in that department lately. Maybe if I get back into it again I will join in.

Bethany Carson said...

Neat idea!

Tanya Breese said...

oh how fun, count me in please!

Donna said...

I'll go check it out...haven't read much lately though.
hughugs

Gail Dixon said...

I think it's a wonderful idea. I was looking for something like this a few years ago. I'll keep it in mind in case I start reading avidly again. All the best for the new club!

Amy Burzese said...

This is a good way to do it. If I make it through a book ever again, I'll participate. lol Maybe I'll see a good one here and try again.

HansHB said...

A great post!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

This sounds like fun! I'd like to join! xo Karen