Our honeybees and other pollinators are being slowly killed off by the use of Monsanto's Roundup and the development of Roundup-Ready GMO foods, and neonic pesticides developed by Synergy and Bayer (yep, as in Bayer aspirin, which I no longer buy!) These things are also poisoning US, but I will focus on the wonderful bee. Let me give you one link (you can google for more) if you wish to learn more about this terrible tragedy (and maybe let your congressmen and the corporations developing these poisons know that you won't stand for it!) The Vanishing Bee
Let's look at what the bee does for us....
Bee pollination produces 70% of the crops that provide 90% of our human food. Without them, we will starve.
They pollinate the flowers that make our world beautiful.
![]() |
| Photograph copied from discovery.com |
They give us healthy, pure and natural honey.
Their buzzing sound brightens a summer day and lets us know all is right with our world.
There are new medicinal uses found in bee venom that will help us.
But we are killing them....



28 comments:
Hi Marie, a very important post and a good reminder for us all.
Love the post on Bees!
Very clearly stated Marie -- this is so important. It takes dedication to be a gardener in your climate; you really have to work at it... the bees will be grateful.
I do hope our bees will be buzzing around for years to come!!
A wonderful message here! I saw several today stealing nectar from the hummingbird feeders. There is a shortage of these guys, so I left them alone to do whatever is necessary for their survival.
Pardon my ire, but this destruction of our ecosystem really ticks me off! Not you - you're the reporter - but it's maddening stuff.
ROG, ABCW
You are right: without bees humanity will die. Great idea to grow more flowers. Thank you for this warning. have a great week.
Wil, ABCW Team.
scary times :(
Bees are quite the workers. Love your shot.
I understand that some of the "good" bees are endangered. Go Bees!
Beautiful picture of the yellow blossoms and bee. I sure hope they can save the bees.
I have lots of flowers and honey bees are definitely welcome here.
Nice post! I like watching bees.
Great post, Marie, the bees are very important..pretty images..Have a happy day!
Great post!! My step daughter raises bees and we are all pretty in tune with their importance..Thanks
A brilliant and timely post Marie. Its happening here in the UK too. Will man never learn from his past mistakes?
We've also seen a drop in the number of bees in our part of the country. It's about time that the seriousness of this problem be recognized.
the bees are in trouble and that means that we are in trouble as well.
We also have seen our bees fade away, much to the clearing of land and natural trees and from the poison that the farmers use on their fields. Loved this post. By the way Marie, I have sent you an email in response about the pincushions I sell. Get back with me.
Yes! Is anyone in corporate America thinking about the future?
We have the same problem here, now the bees are more protected !
Here in the Netherlands go there many bees death by poison.
It is time that there will be a ban.
Best regards, Irma
Fascinating post illustrated by some excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing this.
Have a good weekend.
Lovely post Marie!:) beautiful pictures of the bees. They are so important to our lives, and to the environment.
Warm Regards.
Yes, wonderful pictures, I love these bees, good framing !! Magnificent!!
Wonderful captures, Marie
The bees will love you especially if you plant native varieties. :)
It's sad to hear how the honey bees are being killed...they are important creatures.
Post a Comment