Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


07 February 2017

Home From Bend

We finally felt like we could brave the roads and leave our daughter's house in Bend, once the temps rose to the 40s and the night temps were above 30.  The wind and bright sun helped speed up the melt!  We had a beautiful day headed home but had a lot of errands to run on the way.  Then, the next day (yesterday) we went to the post office and the HOA office and took a short drive north to Madras just to see what that looks like.  Documenting our day, no memes to join in, but since I haven't been able to blog this past week & a half (due to leaving my new password to the email that controls the blogs here at home!)  I hope you will see my post and visit!

This is what it looked like as we drove out toward Terrebonne, through Crooked River Ranch.  The roads were beautifully clear and so much of the snow had melted.  This is where I live....isn't it gorgeous!!!!

We had to stop at the Admin Offices/HOA so we drove down into the canyon where all that is located.  This is the view as we drove down...look at that pretty little lake.  There is so much to do, offered by CRR, and much of it is centered here.

We made a stop on the way to Madras, very close to the turnoff to CRR, to the P.S. Ogden Historic Site...we didn't get to go to the overlook, which is at the edge of the 300 foot drop to the Crooked River.  We drove over the river and bridge headed N on 97 and it looks incredible...I can't wait to go back to the park when it's better weather, and when Russell has his scooter (we didn't have it with us yesterday).  Here's the interesting historic info on the site.

We saw several deer on the way back to the house, but I will post those shots in a few days (except for the new header photo!)
This is to show you what our little road looks like right before we get to our house...clear roads all over CRR, except our little road.  This is what it looks like when it's "driveable" with snow tires....it was a solid sheet of ice and snow for weeks, and totally impassable.  The trash won't be picked up and UPS won't come deliver anything when it's bad like that!  That's why we were snowed in!

This is our little cul-de-sac here on the ridge line.

The view across the street

Great visit with the kids that week and a half.  But home again, happy to be in our own bed.  Got lots to do, and anxious to get busy getting things done after a week & a half away.  Woke up this morning to this.....

Here we go again! :-)  Well, it isn't supposed to last past today, and then should start melting again if the weather man is right.  It won't be bad.  You have to admit, it IS Christmasy-pretty! :-)

No comments: