Our new home is lovely in a rustic, western sort of way (SOOO many juniper trees! :-) ) and I can't wait to see what might bloom this spring. We have deer visitors, and I am sure other critters that I never see (I haven't seen much of the deer lately either, though every trip out of CRR we see them in other people's yards). But, I am so happy! This is our retirement home! We always dreamed of being in the country, and we are. We always wanted to be close to a river, stream or creek, and we are. We always wanted to be in the foothills of mountains, and we are.
Since we were snowed in for quite a bit, and since it is still cold though the snow is melting, I hadn't been out to explore the yard. I mean, my daughter did when she came out with the realtor to see the house before we bought it....but we have been mostly in the house, looking out the windows and thinking of things we plan to do to make the yard something we will be able to enjoy. The other day, I walked around the culdesac, and then around the house and took a few pictures. Joining Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday Five (can link to her site, but not do a linkup of my post, so visit her but know I won't be on the list!) and Amy's
Five on Friday:
1.
 |
| Our driveway during the snow-in |
 |
Our driveway now...looks like I have some cleanup to do with the rocks lining the drive!
2. Our house:
3. Two views in our back yard. We have a definitely downward slope to the property and are considering leveling a section with fill dirt and a rock barrier. It will all come in time...
4. A deer track....and little green sprouts!
5. Our side yard (and our neighbor's yard)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment