Our son-in-law was given a box of exotic fruit, which was all really delicious! I thought I'd do a still-life, since it was all so pretty as well, but it was one of those "wrong lens" issues that day. Bummer. Notice the sherbet dish with the little orchids floating in it.
This is called a Devil's Fruit but it was actually heavenly both to look at and to taste!
One night during summer vacation the Pima Air Museum was having a special event for the kids and I took our grandson and his best friend.
Earlier in the summer there was a special flyover at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base that Russell and I took our grandson to. That was really neat to see. Russell used to fly F-111s in the Air Force so he loves to share that part of his life with the Gr-son.
![]() |
| Loved these three flying side-by-side! |
![]() |
| I'm a little off-center...they were moving fast for my photography abilities! :-) |
![]() |
| over our heads |
Hope you are all enjoying the end of summer and the return to cooler temps...we have actually just had three days of 107-108 degrees and are now going back to 104. No let-up for us yet! And though we've had a few spectacular storms, the rainy season hasn't yielded as much rain as usual this year...just mugginess. Though I faithfully water every day, my garden is suffering! (I lost a cucumber plant when I didn't water the one day after my cataract surgery!) Usually I would have harvested almost everything by now and be starting soon on a fall garden, but it was so hot here in June (in three-digit temps which is kind've rare for June!) my young plants suffered then. I also battled ants in June. We had a little bit of a break in July which was good. And I had to replant some things. I did harvest some small potatoes, red onions and the cantaloupe I will be posting about very soon!












13 comments:
The exotic fruit sounds like a lovely treat, Ive never even heard of devil's fruit before. Hmmm.
Good Morning,
That devilish looking fruit was so interesting. I've never seen anything like it.
The boys look like they are enjoying all the airplanes. Fun stuff.
And, lordy, somebody is gonna have a ton of dates (if that is a date palm and I surely don't know).
Glad to see you back on here and that the surgery went well.
Hi Marie, a very enjoyable post and I loved all your photos. The exotic fruit, what a nice gift. I haven't tried many of them. I would like to try a star fruit one of these days, and the others in your photo. What a super grandmother you are to take your grandson and his friend to see all those cool looking planes.
yes, i'm looking forward to fall, although we've had a few nice breaks this summer from the heat. :)
I don't think I've ever seen the dates on the palm trees...we are never down there when the fruit is on the trees!!
Love flyovers! Fun...
That's some wild fruit...never seen any.
Hope it gets a bit cooler for you Marie!
hughugs
I could pass on this blasted heat.....but that exotic fruit does look delicious!!!
A really productive garden is soooo hard out here! I have never seen a Devil's fruit, neat! Glad ya'll enjoyed the outing to the Air Museum, looks like fun. It sure was nice talking to you the other day, let's do that more often!! :)
I'd love to see those planes and jets up close! I've been to the Air Force Museum in Dayton and it was very interesting. Glad your garden is doing well, considering.
Those are some very interesting fruits! I have never seen a devil fruit - it looks very interesting. The boys must have loved the tours - a boy's dream! I really like the colorful planes. We are having a very dry summer, too - no rain since June and I live near Seattle! All I do is water! Melon sounds delicious, glad you are getting some good results from the garden despite the heat. Hugs, xo
Oh I love airshows! We used to watch the Thunderbirds shows when my dad was in the service. What a treat for the kids to see the planes.
Glad to see you back. Hope all is well from your surgery now.
From your still life I got to learn about a new fruit that you claim was delicious. Lovely pics of planes and gran too.
Post a Comment