Mom inspired me to do this one. Check her out at
Living Life on Main Street. Her latest blog was about the changes that happen in just five years. I am joining
ABC Wednesday also. Check this wonderful meme out as well!
I don't mean the scientific term "
Evolve" because after all I am a Christian and I firmly understand about adaptation, but
Evolution is an unproven theory....no, this is about people
Evolving. Perhaps we adapt, and that is a better term after all. But the way we change can be beautiful or terrifying. If you think back to your childhood, you remember being a certain way and as you grew the core of your being stayed the same, but you
Evolved in so MANY ways! Perhaps the person you are now is nothing like the child you once were. I would probably bet that's true. I am becoming closer to God now than I ever have, and His amazing Creation is such a constant delight! People, too, not just nature. If you consider a seed then watch it grow into a seedling with loving care and later into a six foot tall plant, you understand about
Evolving! We do that too, and the experiences we have are like the seedling's amount of sunlight and rain, the nutrients and protection of the soil, and attacks by bugs and wild creatures, trampling by children and dogs, and the weeding and care of the Gardener.
Psalm 139:14-18
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in constinuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
8 comments:
E is for Ears of golden corn. yum! ;)
Hi Marie, an enjoyable read and thank you for the link to your Mom's post, and also for visiting me and leaving your sweet comments.
E is for Excellent post, Marie. Oh, yes, we do evolve.
I hope we evolve to resolve to take better care of the planet God gave us to tend to!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team
Great post. It is so important to be able to evolve. Carver, ABC Wed. Team
PS I understand why some people have a problem with the scientific theory of evolution but I don't think it has to exclude Christians. My father was an Episcopalian minister and I always liked what he quoted one of his theology professors as saying when he was in seminary in the late 1940s and early 1950s. When there was a lot of widespread controversy about evolution and this professor was asked about it, the professor said he thought it was clever of God to be scientific. Granted that was glib and I'm not as good at telling the story as my father was but the professor went on to discuss feeling close to God when understanding his methods and that he saw evolution as one of those. Of course that view wouldn't work with a literal interpretation of the bible but given the contradictory stories and different translations of the bible, there are many Christians that don't find the theory of Evolution at odds with Christianity.
Oh I enjoyed your post so much. I pray that I evolve everyday into what Christ wants me to be each day.
Ann
Yes, Through His loving care, we certainly should Evolve into what the Lord wants us to be :)
Wonderful thoughts, Marie!
I agree with Carver, you can believe in evolution and be a Christian at the same time. I think that God's creation is still going on. It is as if a sculptor keeps working on his sculpture which will never be ready. We have to keep working on our perfection.
Good post.
Wil, ABCW Team.
Post a Comment