1. My husband's Dad passed away this last Monday. Russell is now in Virginia, but will be returning soon to Florida to go to the Memorial Service before coming home. He has a sister who lives there who has been caring for their Dad the last couple of years. Please keep he and his sister in your prayers. This isn't easy, us not being able to be with him.
2. When Russell left to go see his Dad after the stroke, I told him to take the digital camera with him.We only have the one, and it is older, and not overly efficient, but boy am I missing it! I have two Nikons available to me to use, both 35 millimeter. One is "automatic" and the other is an older more manual type. And of course you have to wait till your photos get developed. I had never used the automatic one, so I wasn't aware that if I changed the lens, it would make the settings different, and I didn't know how to adjust for that (a photographer I am not!) so many of my first roll of pictures did not come out, and I was having such trouble with the automatic camera, I switched to the older one Yvonne and I always call the "donut" camera because when you look through the lens you see on the side a minus sign, a circle or a plus telling you if you have enough light or too much. When Russell taught our daughter and me to use the camera, he said, "If you have a donut, you can take the picture." Unfortunately, even though I am much more comfortable with it, I can't take close-ups with the smallest lens I have, but I kept TRYING to, as you will see....
3. So, here is our day of strawberry jam making! Two Saturdays ago, Yvonne and I bought organic strawberries and I took my canner and jars and sugar and pectin to her house and we had a delightful and VERY productive day!
![]() |
| We canned 18 quarts of strawberry jam! |
Couldn't wait to have toast and jam! This is white bread toast (buttermilk) with the butter on it before placing it under a broiler...the ONLY way to go with homemade jam!
5. The sun is now rising, and I am thankful for another wonderful day filled with God's blessings! We started a new Bible Study at church about developing a close relationship with God. It's a wonderful study! If anyone wants to know the name of it, just email me. More insufficient photos upcoming in future posts. I am grateful I will be getting my hubby (and my camera!) back before too much longer. :-) God bless each of you! (photo from the internet)








14 comments:
Marie I am so sorry about your husband's Dad's passing. My sympathy! How hard that is. And I will pray....& for your neuropathy also...and your eye surgery. As I am older now....my mind blanks out on spelling, you've probably noticed. I am claustraphobic too...I cry when I am put in those tubes...usually. I understand what you mean. Your jam looks wonderful, what a productive day!
Our daughter & her family were here for a week...so I am re-adjusting to life as usual here. Missing them yet finding home restful. Then missing them more. Have a pleasant day Marie! We went to our local monthly food 'sale' this morning and they sell surplus food for half the market price. The problem is fitting it all in the fridge once you get home.
you've had a flood of things, again. seems it always happens that way. first, i am sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. bless your husband and his family. i do hope the cataract surgery goes well! and then maybe they can help with your back!
Hi Marie, my prayers are with you all. How sad for your husband and his sister to lose their Dad. I am also so very sorry to hear of your health issues. I would have been very claustrophobic too, can't stand closed in spaces, I don't think I would do very well with an MRI. Sounds like you're keeping yourself very busy, which is a very good thing at times like this. Hope it won't be long before you and your hubby are back together again and giving each other a big hug. You'll both need it and there's nothing better. Take good care of yourself and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh my! I know what you mean about being trapped inside those x-ray machines. I am the same way. I can not be in a crowd of people or around a crowd for a long time. The same goes with rooms etc.
I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. And I'm sending good thoughts your way. My Dad had a similar thing happen and now after the operation, he feels much better several years later. Sounds like Strawberry Jam keeps the mind busy....looks delicious!
I am sorry for the loss of hubbys dad.
I will pray for your also for other needs.
WOW I get that stress and missing people and things like the camera that works best! I too have pains but not like you! And visiting daughter and I just made a batch of jam --so tasty!!
I'm awaiting another eye surgery to try to get my right eye to slow down the macula degeneration. My vision requires me to wear magnifiers over my glasses and implanted lenses to blog but hey I can do it!
Get better and prayers are sent your way.
I'm sorry about your father in law. Your family will be in my heart and thoughts.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Your strawberry jam looks wonderful! Thanks so much for visiting! It's nice meeting you! Twyla
so sorry you are having health issues marie, that's no fun at all on top of everything else!!
loosing loved ones is extremely stressful as we get older. i am not a "prayer" but i am sending you hugs and very warm wishes from the jersey shore!!
ooohhhh and that jam looks soooo pretty in those jars!!
Hugs and hugs and hugs Marie! So sorry about Russell's dad, it is never easy losing our loved ones. I hope the eye surgery goes well and that you can get some relief from your back pain. It does look like ya'll had a wonderfully successful jam session though! Give me a call if you want.
That post covered a lot and got me caught up big time, Marie. I know it's hard for Debbie and Russell losing Mac. And, all your health issues. My goodness, when it rains it pours. Hopefully the dr. can help you very soon.
And... the jam looks wonderful. I know you and Y. had a great time making it.
My sympathies to you and your husband, it is not easy to loose one you love. Also holding healing thoughts for you as you deal with your physical challenges...your faith is strong and I have no doubt it will carry you through!
And your strawberry jam looks scrumptious!!!
Post a Comment