Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


16 December 2014

Video of the Verdin

Everyone has enjoyed the photos I've shown of the verdin shouldering its way into the hummingbird feeders to the consternation of my hummers.  I was able to get a little video one day just of a male verdin.  Sharing with Bird d'Pot and Wild Bird Wednesday today.  Enjoy!


And here is a short one of the Anna's Hummingbird...


22 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Those are so cool. How close were you? Guess the birds don't mind as long as they are getting something to eat.

mick said...

Great videos. It must be lovely to have the birds coming in that close to your house.

TexWisGirl said...

the verdin is a chattery little thing. :)

eileeninmd said...

Pretty birds and wonderful videos.. I would love to see both of these birds.. Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

Linda Kay said...

How cute to capture these little birds. I'm fascinated by hummingbirds, but the other bird is obviously a little jealous.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat to get videos! Very nice to share with us! Happy holidays Diane

Bethany Carson said...

Thanks for sharing the videos! I'm starting to miss the summer-time birds! Winter is too quiet without them.

Jenn Jilks said...

What a clever little devil! I figure I have to label my feeders, but I know it won't work!

I was playing the video and Buster cat woke up for a moment, looking for the bird!!!

Stewart M said...

Great videos - such remarkable birds!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

great to take these video of this bird.

DeniseinVA said...

Must be lovely to see them coming to your feeders.

Brian King said...

Those are very cool!

Anonymous said...

Great videos.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Great video- pretty smart birds.

Phil Slade said...

Lovely videos Marie. The verdin has a very striking appearance and mannerisms plus being highly active.
The hummingbird just made me smile the way it hangs in the air like that. I wish we had Hummingbirds in the UK.

NatureFootstep said...

reminded me of how stupid I was not to film those guys when I had teh opportunity to do so. Maybe next tiem. :)

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Marie; Oh how sweet Verdin is♡♡♡ It is great to be able post video on blog through You-tube♪

Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*

EG CameraGirl said...

The hummer is so cute!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hello There, I enjoyed your post today. Great pictures of your birds...

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately. I do try to read blogs—but just haven’t commented very much lately like I usually try to do. Please don’t give up on me. Hopefully my life will be back to ‘normal’— whatever that is (ha), sometime in January.

I did get a cortisone shot in my knee —which has helped with the pain somewhat. In January, I will most likely have meniscus tear surgery…. BUT—in the meantime, I plan to have a fantastic Christmas —and hopefully get to see my kids/grands… God is Good.

Hugs,
Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

Not sure if it was your intention, but #2 & #4 made me giggle. The story/link on the kindness of strangers is heartwarming....I'll carry that one with me for a long time.
Merry Christmas!

Lovable Derek said...

Super videos. Great captures. Well done!

Linda said...

So interesting about the verdin. He has found a way to perch on that feeder.