Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


10 November 2014

Veterans Day Tribute

This past Sunday, we had a very sweet tribute to the veterans in our church.  I had my own very special veteran beside me, standing to be honored.  And I also thought about my Dad, the other special veteran in my life, gone now almost four years.  The sacrifices so many have made for all of us is something we should always keep close in our hearts.  God bless America...and God bless our vets and their families!


30 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A lovely tribute, Marie. We owe so much to these brave men and women - keeping freedom alive all over the world. My Dad was a proud Veteran. I miss him. xo Karen

Bruce Clark said...

Please thank your husband for his service from me and thanks to all my fellow veterans today. God Bless the USA.

Mary said...

Thank you for the beautiful flag Marie - still flying proudly and always a remembrance of our veterans and the huge sacrifices they've made, both in wars and during peace. Today especially, my special vet and I will be thinking of all the brave men and women who have given so much.

God Bless America!

Mary x

Patsy said...

Wonderful to remember!

Donna said...

Amen Marie...
hughugs

TexWisGirl said...

very nice, marie.

Linda Kay said...

Marie, another special tribute to family and friends and others who are serving.

Lois said...

Wonderful picture and tribute Marie.

diane b said...

Nice tribute

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Veteran's Day. Let's never forget those who served and are serving ---to help protect us and protect our freedom. God Bless them all.

Hugs,
Betsy

L. D. said...

It is so great to remember. I know my dad survived Battle of the Bulge but the war continues in his mind most all of his life.

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm thinking we all should have ceremonies on Sunday. How lovely.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Lovely tribute for the day. (or any day of course!)

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

As we strive to remember I always wish we could find a way for real world peace. Of course some human gene for greed would need to be checked.

Halcyon said...

A big thank you to your father and husband. I am so thankful for our veterans and we should honor their service more than just one day a year!

Helma said...

A very nice tribute to all veterans Marie. I read that you also had a veteran who was 4 years gone but your father. They have put a lot of sacrifices to give people their freedom.
Greetings, Helma

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

God bless our vets and our working military.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

A wonderful tribute!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Very appropriate.

Gail Dixon said...

A truly beautiful tribute to those who have served and are still serving. God bless your family members that have given their all for our freedoms.

Phil Slade said...

I will second that Marie, along with millions of others who value freedom. A lovely picture of your propud US flag.

Tanya Breese said...

a wonderful post marie :)

Cranberry Morning said...

That is a lovely tribute, Marie. They deserve our care and respect.

NatureFootstep said...

:)

Jen said...

A very nice tribute. They need our help all year, though, especially the ones recently returned from current battles.

Ni de Aqui, Ni de Alla said...

Beautiful flag!! Thanks!!

Carletta said...

Nice how the flag is unfurling!
LOVE your header shot!

Bob Bushell said...

Good lives.

Hootin Anni said...

Beautiful tribute Marie.

Land of the BRAVE and home of the FREE.

Al said...

Veterans Day is a big deal in my city, with such a large retired and active-duty military presence.