In Tubac, AZ is St. Ann's, built in 1929. It was however built on the foundations of the 1767 Santa Gertrudis de Tubac which in its turn had replaced the original church built there by Father Kino and destroyed in the uprising of the Tohono O'Odham which largely razed Tubac itself.
 |
| We were there right before dusk and did not go in, though I understand it it usually open. |
 |
| This flikr photo shows the interior. |
 |
| The tile street sign features the church. |
Joining
InSPIREd Sunday with thanks to Beth and Sally!
23 comments:
Pretty Church! And muy bonito sign!
Great shots of the church.
Interesting color and details on the interior shot.
I am sorry you did not get to go in. Maybe next time.
Hi Marie,
It's amazing that they were able to reuse the foundation from 1767. The tile sign is wonderful. Tom The Backroads Traveller
i love how it looks almost pink to me inside. amazing!! what a cutie. thanks for sharing Marie. hope you are well.
have i ever told you that i love the shot of you beside this post ... you at your sewing machine ... you look so happy & being creative. ( :
That's beautiful - inside and out!
A lovely little church. I like the interior as well.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
a beautiful structure!
The interior is gorgeous!
Beautiful church and I like the street sign!
I love the inside of this church especially the coloring. Which area of Arizona is Tubac located?
A pretty little church.
For me it seems, that you have many modern churches in the States, here in Germany they are almost very old...
Have a great new week :-)
The interior is beautiful, lovely colors!
A wonderful church. Love the tile sign!
Beautiful church!
Isn't it lovely Marie? A beautiful building.
That is a nice church, I don't get in may catholic church's more is the shame as I am one.
Love these old churches!
hughugs
I love the inside color. So inviting.
What a beautiful church, inside and out!
That's one beautiful church. It reminds me of smaller churches in the provinces on my country.
This is a very pretty church, although I like the street sign for it as well.
Post a Comment