We decided to do the tram tour of Sabino Canyon recently and it was excellent! We hoped we'd see some birds or wildlife but that doesn't happen from the tram so I wasn't surprised too much. The scenery was great though. Sabino Canyon is a really gorgeous spot in North Tucson. I do present two bird photos here, as book-ends (the first and last shot) to this post for
Bird d'Pot and
Wild Bird Wednesday! Check those memes out for some amazing bird photos from around the world!
 |
| A cactus wren I saw while waiting for the tram. He is perched on an ocotillo cactus branch. |
 |
| The water found in the canyon is from monsoon season run-off and is not an actual creek. |
 |
| The highest point in the Canyon. |
 |
| Do you see the tiny people having fun in the water? |
 |
| A hugely zoomed in shot of a lone saguaro on top of this ridge. |
 |
| Need some help here, Chris! :-)...I think this MIGHT be a Costas! If it is, it's my first Costas hummingbird in the wild (only have seen one at the Sanoran Desert Museum) |
27 comments:
I like how all the cactuses are spread out over the hill, almost like trees. Very interesting rock formations you captured there.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Beautiful images! The "out"west scenery is awesome! And I love the birds, I hope you have your Costas hummer! Happy Monday!
That's my kind of hike.... on a tram. Sorry you didn't see any birds from that vantage point but glad to the see two you did capture elsewhere.
Nice cactus wren! I'm no expert on hummingbirds...mostly I just see ruby-throated ones out east.
~
such beautiful rocky terrain! would love to see a cactus wren, myself. :)
Nice use of the birds as bookends to your lovely desert shots.
The canyon is gorgeous! I love the water at the bottom of the canyon and the cacti growing everywhere.
Beautiful place with so much to see.
Hi Marie. I didn't realise the scale of your pictures until you pointed out the tiny people on the canyon floor.
This is glorious, Marie. It's snowing, dark and cold here!!!!
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!
Beautiful place, Marie. I am glad you had an enjoyable time. Thanks for sharing with us!
Fantastic scenery.
Again, you've taken me home!! I used to love hiking here. In fact the first year we lived in Tucson, it snowed in the Catalinas....and I was there, trekking away enjoying the cool air, the snowfall, and the beautiful, MILD winter scenes. Another spot I loved was the dam along the creek...when it rained heavily the water rushing over the dam was a place to be,
Enjoyed the two bird bookends too Marie!! Darned if I know the hummers...any of them other than the ruby throat is worth a search for me to ID.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful link this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'
Dearest Marie; Gorgeous Canyon, my friend. And I think I must have learned the word "terrain" in your blog (Thanks for Tex reminding me, haha).
I like the way you put 'the cute cactus wren' perching on cactus for the first picture♡♡♡
Sending Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan to my Dear friend in America, xoxo Miyako*
How beautiful it all looks! It is warm here one day........cold another! Have a wonderful week!
I loved your bookends Marie, such cute birds, and the Ocotillo is the first cactus I remember learning about on my trip to the southwest, and how quickly the leaves bloomed even after the littlest drop of rain. Those scenery shots are spectacular.
The water is so clear and beautiful, and I really like the shot of the cactus wren. All those shots of the cactuses (as well as the cold weather here) are making me want to head to Arizona for the winter!
Gorgeous landscapes once again!
like the cactuses are spread out
I'm jealous of the tiny people. I bet they are enjoying themselves immensely.
Amazing scenery and nice to catch a glimpse of a couple of birds as well. That river with the people playing in it looks fun!
Beautiful scenery! The book-ends are so pretty! Such a cute little hummingbird and the ocotillo branch is pretty too.
Love seeing the Canyon scenery and the Cactus Wren.
I definitely wouldn't know one hummer from another .... but, it is pretty brave just sitting there for you ....
Great photos, wonderful capture of this beautiful place!
Awesome country. I love your shot of the Cactus Wren and the tiny hummingbird.
Thank you for a wonderfully scenic post! We used to live in West Texas and do miss that southwest landscape!
Very nice photographs!
Post a Comment