| The highway going through Snowflake allowed one to enjoy the Independence Day banners, green trees and shrubs and beautiful flowers on every lightpost. |
| A small log cabin hearkens to the past. |
| One of the houses in Snowflake |
| Sadly we didn't stop to read the plaque. The monument looks like it commemorates a moment in pioneer history for this small town. |
| Beautiful church spire with copper roof glinting in the sun. |
| Another Snowflake home. |
| Many white picket fences, even around this cabin dating back to 1878. It looks like a museum, and I would love to go back one day and visit! |
| And a second cabin in Taylor which was a much smaller town, this one dating to 1884 and also a museum. |
| On the way out of Taylor, a mansion with multicolored railings and magnificent cupola. |
55 comments:
There are some real treasures dotted along the way here. Beautiful towns that show the spirit of the US.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
oh, WoW!!!! i just adore those snowflake homes. what beauties!!!
and i would LOVE to live in a town called snowflake!!!!
Beautiful homes and that last one was magnificent. Thanks Marie. I am going to try and find out more about Snowflake. Love reading about these places.
'Snowflake" Arizona? I don't remember a Snowflake, AZ - I'll have to look it up . .
AND - there is a saloon that became really famous - okay, infamous in Virginia City, Nevada called "The Bucket of Blood.' i wonder if there was a connection . . hmmm . . .
Love the picket fences -- and that gorgeous copper dome. Makes me want to do another roadtrip :>)
neat towns! LOTS of white pickets, as you said. a lot of neat character, there.
I love that mansion with all the color. And from the looks of the background of the monument, it sort of looks like a preacher's wagon, or maybe a medicine man wagon, selling all sorts of the latest remedies.
Love it all!! That copper roof is just glowing!!
Some very interesting shots
That is indeed a magnificent cupola!
Hello Marie, the houses in Snowflake are all pretty. Cute name for a town. And I love the shot of the mansion.. The church with the copper roof is pretty. Lovely series of photos!
What charming structures in these quaint towns. The Hancock log cabin is particularly cute!
Love the monument to the pioneers and the cabin. I love old stuff. :)
Have a great evening!
Snowflake looks to be a beautiful place!
That's a great little town! The mansion is fantastic! Very unique!
Snowflake, what a neat name for a town. Tom The Backroads Traveller
I love those flowers on every lamp post. The architecture in these little towns is beautiful. I can see why you could live there.
What a selection of building styles!! I like to see the log cabins that are being maintained for visitors!!
I am amused by the name Snowflake!
Hi Marie, Snowflake looks like a great little town. You got some great photos... What state is Snowflake in????
Hugs,
Betsy
You saw a lot of neat little places there in Snowflake. Somehow I missed most of these on our trip, though I do remember the church with the copper roof and the brick house (image 3). Cute little rustic cabin.
Visiting from Rubbish Tuesday,
Lindy
Snowflake is a nice looking town. Love all those white fences and the old, well-kept homes. That last one is a treasure!
They look very colonial for Arizona and very cute.
That last picture is such an unusual house! I love your header.
What interesting little towns. Much history and great places to see and of course, photograph. That trip held a bushel load of great memories for all of you. Glad you took it.
Who wouldn't love a town with a name like Snowflake! Wonderful shots. The mansion in the last shot is so pretty and unique!
How lovely all these scenes. I would love to have a guest house next to our farm house that looks like that cabin. Snowflake? We have been to AZ many times, and we have never traveled through there. I want to look it up.
Such fascinating histories these places must have! Love that last shot - such interesting architecture!
Loving the photos. The monuments are my favourites.
Such lovely towns and beautiful buildings ! Greetings :)
wow, they really build interesting houses. Loved to see them.
Beautiful little towns and they look like they are very well-kept, too. Love the little log cabins. xo Karen
I love those little cabins. I wish I could buy something almost that small but with modern conveniences.
snowflake looks like my kind of town! what beautiful buildings and houses!
Oh dear, I think I want to live in Snowflake too.
Also love the mansion in Taylor.
MB
"Snowflake"" looks so beautiful, pretty and peaceful. And of course, what a simply wonderful and unique name.
What great small towns to explore. The homes are interesting. :)
i love that first log cabin, Snowflake looks like a great town to me. my favorite house is the last one in Taylor. wow what a house. of course it is way to big but i do love it. i need the cabin because of less work. glad you got a chuckle out of my hubby RED... we love that show
Yes, indeed, wonderful pictures, gorgeous houses! Fine!
Lots of nice houses. And love all the picket fences! That's really American to me. :)
Interesting places and great photos. Sometimes, I would love to know the history behind these little places.
That does look like a beautiful small town - I love log cabins, and that mansion is great. I need to live near a big city, but not necessarily in one.
I think I could live in any one of those and be quite happy! The little cabins speak to me the most though and I wouldn't have to clean much. :)
Whatever hearkens to the past - I'm in! I'll have a ball in places like this. Love the log cabins and that is a very pretty mansion.
Oh yes, numbers 2 & 8 are my fave, they are the best photos I have seen.
Pretty town and I love its name Snowflake. :)
Lots of picturesque in these towns. You must go back!
Pretty Arizona towns! And so patriotic! The picket fences look so elegant by those cabins.
Love the logg cabin, all the fences and the statues
Snowflake has some picturesque homes and fences. Very pretty.
What a great plethora of good fences! Love it!
The picket fences add a charming touch to the lovely old homes!
You've really seen a lot and I'm glad I can see it this way. Beautiful gebpuwen but also beautiful structures of the houses. Superb houses there!
Snowflake is such a sweet name for a small town! Nice houses as well.
Sure doesn't look like Arizona! Looks like the midwest. What a great little town.
Post a Comment