Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


01 April 2013

Lamplight

Join us for Tuesday Muse, sponsored by Nancy at A Rural Journal....and for ABC Wednesday, the letter L this week.... L is for Lamplight.

"The Poets light but Lamps--
Themselves--go out--
The Wicks they stimulate--
If vital Light

Inhere as do the Sun--
Each Age a Lens
Disseminating their
Circumference--"

Emily Dickinson

A lamp lighting a street in Suffolk, Virginia

A rare old gas lamp found on a very short cobblestone street in historic Ghent, Norfolk, Virginia.

A lamp at Thunder Mountain in Disneyland

The lamps next to Union Public House at St. Phillip's Plaza, Tucson, Arizona.
The last photo was posted a week ago as part of Fridays Fences, but the lamps were as interesting as the gate....plus it was an overcast day which made the lamps shine more brightly than is normally seen.

52 comments:

Jenn Valmonte said...

The one at Disneyland was pretty, but it's the first picture I loved the most.

Vores have said...

Nice pictures you show Marie - I really like the last one - with fence and lights.
Hope you and your've had a good Easter.
Yet there is snow here .... not really spring here yet.
We have had the coldest March in 26 years. Wish you a good day / good new week :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Ingrid said...

Beautiful lamps ! You are one day ahead with your post,lol ! I will join in tomorrow !

Barbara said...

What a beautiful photo, and I love Emily Dickinson's little poem!

Have a great week.

Anne Payne said...

Great shots of the lamp posts! That gate is beautiful! I have a series of gates I am working on. One day I'll get it together :)

Snap said...

What fun! I really enjoyed your lamplights.

Viv@Thoughts from the Desktop said...

A beautiful selection of light , visiting from Tuesday Muse....

Kathy said...

A new series!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I really like these lamps, especially the old gas one. Nice pics!

TexWisGirl said...

the gas lamp is neat - especially with the basket planters on each side of it.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great lamp photos! My favorites are the first and last.

Kathy Reed said...

I love lamplights of any kind..am partial to the top one here, though. Just lovely

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm a big fan of Emily Dickinson. Neat set of lamp shots!

Maggie Ann said...

Oooh, I like the ironwork at teh Public House. So elegant! The lamps are interesting also....I'd hate to have a night with no lamps outside. And.. Besides, small lamps at home make a room very inviting and cozy. =)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lamps. They always seem so romantic.

Maggid said...

Oh, what wonderful lamps - gives me a lot to think about -

Thank you for sharing your marvelous collection!
-g-

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Excellent pictures. The first one is my favorite!

Debbie said...

all so pretty, it's hard to pick a favorite!!

Ahayes1225 said...

A very nice combination of photos and poem. Thanks so much for the visit.

Patrice said...

Love all the lantern shots!

Karen Lakis said...

These are really great lamps! I think my favorite might be the Disneyland one - mostly because I like the mountain in the background - but it's a tough choice, they're all fantastic.

betty-NZ said...

Those are amazingly rare photos and I love them!

Nancy said...

You really have a wonderful collection of lamp posts and I love the gate...Great shots....

eileeninmd said...

Great shots, Marie! I love the poem and all the lamps and the iron gate on the last shot is cool. Have a happy week!

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

Beautiful photos, especially the first one. I love the image of the lamp against the darkening sky. The Emily Dickinson poem goes well with it. She's one of my favorites!

Sharon said...

What a lovely post, with the poem and the lamps from different places. So creative!

MaR said...

Love your choices and the lamps, beautiful shots and lovely little poem.

L is for...

Reader Wil said...

A very good choice for L , Marie! Thank you for these beautiful lights and the poem of Emily Dickinson.
Have a great week!
Wil, ABCW Team.

Rajesh said...

Those are all great looking lamps.

Roger Owen Green said...

Lamp lights can be so elegant!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Kaya said...

I don't travel a lot and I enjoyed your beautiful pictures very, very much. I am fascinated by your wonderful street lamps.

And you inspired me! Right now when I find a very interesting street lamp I will stop and take a picture of it.

Excellent photography!

Deborah said...

great captures!

Carver said...

These are all very beautiful lamps. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hi Marie, what beautiful lamps. One does not see gas lamps anymore!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hi Marie, here's hoping that you had a wonderful Easter! Such lovely lamps. I love the gas lit one!

Anonymous said...

A lovely collection of lanterns. xo

Anonymous said...

Love all the wonderful lamps and light ~ Beautiful! ~ thanks ^_^

LONDONLULU said...

These are all amazing finds - gorgeous L shots! (And you evoked one of my favorite poets:)

shirley said...

I have taken photo collections before - of doors and of mailboxes (in Europe, where there is a good variety), but never thought to take photos of different lamps! There's so much variety there - different styles and shapes.... You have inspired my next photo collection!

I wish you a blessed day.

Candy C. said...

They are all beautiful but the last one with the stormy sky is my favorite! :)

Ann said...

The old gas one with the planters is very cool. Old lamps do hold a sort of magic.
Ann

Carletta said...

I had to smile at the first two taking me back to a very familiar world. :)
Love the way you framed the last shot!

Beverley Baird said...

lovely photos and poem! What a collection of wonderfully different lanterns!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I have always loved Emily Dickenson's work. I went to see her house in Amherst Ma. and also saw a one woman show about her.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

What a great take on L. I love gas lights, I work for a gas company after all. Great poem also.

Unknown said...

Love you L for lamps...and the last photo I really like the most. Follow you from ABC Wednesday blog

Icy BC said...

Beautiful lamp posts, Marie! Each one is cool to see.

Lise said...

I love your lamplights, particularly the one's with real flames...there is something so romantic about them!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Nice collection of lamp fotos.

Las Vegas
Catching up (again) for L entries, oh Lord, I am always LATE!
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Janet said...

Love the lamps and especially the poem

Anonymous said...

Hi Marie, I'm fixing to send you an email, i really hope you get it, please let me know.

Brandi said...

I really appreciate that you see beauty in all things. The lamps are all gorgeous. Thank you for sharing.