Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


18 April 2013

Knots and Firehouse Jog

Several times my hubby mentioned to me that he noticed the firemen running along our road to keep in shape.  I finally managed to get a photo of them about a month ago as they ran by...

I appreciate all our fire-fighters!  Such brave, dedicated public servants!
Also about a month ago, my hubby started teaching our grandson how to tie different knots....

Getting ready...the first one he learned was the square knot.
Lashing two poles together using a clove hitch.  My tray table had to suffice for practice! :-)



In a rescue by a helicopter, you tie a bowling knot in the rope they drop you.

Silly kid! :-)
Whop, whop, whop, whop....the helicopter takes off, and he dangles beneath it on the life-line! :-)

18 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

That's awesome! I remember my grandfather teaching me those knots. It's embarrassing but I've forgotten how to put some of them together;) You have firemen and we have college runners down our street.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Neat picture of the firemen keeping in shape... Love it.

AND--it's so neat that your grandson has such a tremendous relationship with his grandfather.. That is so special.

Hugs,
Betsy

Vores have said...

Great pictures you show. Nice that you got a picture taken of the fire the men. Beautiful pictures of your grandson. Wishing you a good Friday / good weekend :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Carletta said...

Love the last shot!
Years ago when I served time as a Boy Scout Den Leader I could do knots. Not so much these days. :)

Latane Barton said...

Oh that silly grandson!! Looks like he's enjoying the knot lesson.

Donna said...

Morning Marie...No, I didn't hear anything about the Hillcrest hospital doing any sort of readiness training...and of Course you can use the picture of Pray for West! So sweet!
hughugs

TexWisGirl said...

too cute!

love the line of firefighters! :)

Paula said...

*haha* The pictures of your grandson all tied up are just too cute, Marie~ he is quite a ham! :)

DeniseinVA said...

Glad you got those firefighters Marie, God Bless them all :) And what a neat grandpa/grandson thing to do, and something that you can use your whole life too. Great post!

Candy C. said...

Fun post, love that last picture! :)

Karen Lakis said...

They look as though they are having so much fun tying knots. I love that last photo!

Debbie said...

grandpop time, family time...nothing beats those memories!!

Brian King said...

Cool shot of the firefighters! Glad your grandson is learning to tie different knots! That's a lost skill these days.

Icy BC said...

These knots will come in handy one day! Spending time like this will have such a beautiful memory later..

Mary said...

I bet your grandson is enjoying the knot tying :-) I sent you an email suggesting meeting, but will call you tomorrow if I don't hear from you! Thought you might see a message here sooner than an email.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How fun! Love the last photo!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such great pictures of some good fun. Such a sweet picture at the end!

Lise said...

It's awesome that your husband can teach your grandson how to tie knots, he looks like he is really enjoying it!