I swear, I actually am a very happy person! :-) If you chose not to read my last post, that's your prerogative I am just sad that most of what is going on is not being reported on the mainstream media, so unless we make an effort to find out, we are kept in the dark! But, enough said....I need the escape that photographing flowers and other wonderful things affords me, just like we all do. I enjoy them, and enjoy seeing all your posts as well, so very much! It makes me happy. So, today I am joining in with Today's Flowers to share some of the blossoms here in Tucson right now. I am not including any cactus flowers, though..,.. saving those for another post! To see more of this wonderful meme, hosted by Pupo, Sandy and Denise, and created by Luiz, click on this
LINK.
 |
| This is called a Bird of Paradise, though it is different from the tropical variety of the same name. This yellow version is from our area of the Sonoran desert, and an orange version, which I have posted before is from Mexico. |
 |
| This sole yellow bloom on a trumpet vine in my daughter's new back yard. They are moving much closer to us in just over a week! The Bird of Paradise is in her front yard. We are so happy they are going to be living so much closer now! |
 |
| Sweet William from the area around a fountain next to the Cactus Quilt Shop. I just had an opportunity to meet Mary of Faith Fabric and Photos here in town along with her sister and hubby. We met for the first time last year. To see the post about our visit, check out my quilt blog, piece-fulness by clicking on my sidebar! |
 |
| The beautiful orange blossoms on the ocotillo cactus...ok, I lied...there is this one cactus flower! :-) |
 |
| Yucca blossoms. Did you know they are edible? Also the stalks of the plant are edible as well, and soap can be made from the roots. |
20 comments:
Beautiful pictures you show of some beautiful flowers. I ♥ flowers. Wishing you and your a good Sunday :) Hugs Hanne Bente
Very lovely flowers.
Lovely blossoms and flowers. your photos are beautiful!
These are beautiful,flowers. The bird of paradise is one I don't ever see around me.
Flowers are gorgeous Marie! And yes, it's SO sad how they don't tell us what we need to know! Thank God for blogs like Drudge and Breitbart!
hughugs
They're all gorgeous! The Bird of Paradise and the cactus blooms are my favorites!
that first bloom is very cool! love the 'sprays' of feathers.
First let me say, love your blog about things happening around you.
About your blog-When Will Enough Be Enough America-
This is why I have put my energy in to my Bible Questions and Answers Blog. I stopped my other blogs mostly because they want me to pay for my own pictures.
History is showing America has reached its peak and we are on the evil slide down. We didn't evangelize the outsiders after World War II and the evil has been hard at work to change America it has taken them 50 years + to do it.So just stand for the God of the America our fathers and brothers died for and the happy free and safe times we grew up in.
Draw closer to the Lord for He has the plan for our future.
Hi Marie, I love seeing your beautiful flowers from Arizona.. They are SO different from ours... GORGEOUS!
We have had rain for 2 days here... Think I need a boat.ha ha ...
Hugs,
Betsy
I am excited that you are joining in with Today's Flowers Marie, and thank you so much for participating with these lovely flowers. Wishing you a great week :)
Such a nice collection of colourful and beautiful flowers. I like your version of the bird of paradise, ours is quite different.
Beautiful flowers and I love it that they are so different from what I see all the time. So colorful, so unique. Keep 'em coming.
Such a lovely series of images!!! I can't decide which of them I like best!!
You guys are ahead of us in blooms, the yucca have just started sending up their stalks here. There was one coming up in the front yard last week but the silly deer ate it! I always enjoy seeing the yellow bird of paradise bushes.
What GREAT news about the kids moving closer!! YAY!! :)
You can eat Yucca blossoms? Did not know that... they're all so pretty! Spring is my fave cuz the flowers all come to life after the drab winter.
They really need to do their research... All i know to do at this point is pray for everyone to wake up!
I am happy to see your flowers as well. They are so beautiful!
Wonderful shots of the flowers. They are all so beautiful.
Beautiful photos! The Bird of Paradise is very different from the one I know, but it's stunning! And I love yucca, it's a great alternative to potato:)
Oh~ these are all amazing to me, Marie... especially since we don't see them in Tennessee! *haha*
I see you already found that link..I guess I'm just slow LOL
Post a Comment