Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


16 March 2013

Winter and Spring and St. Paddy's Pot of Gold

Three weeks ago, snow in Tucson...it had been close to 30 years, from what I've heard, since that last had occurred!


In winter we often get snow in the mountains closeby, of course.  But, to have snow  at our low elevation here in the city was a rare treat.  These are the Santa Catalinas from my back yard.
And now....spring.  In fact, one could almost say we jumped right into summer...it's 90 degrees!

African Daisies are some of the first flowers to appear.  Ooops, got my shadow in the shot!
Linking with Today's Flowers this week.  It's a wonderful meme you will enjoy, especially if your landscape still  looks more like the first two pictures I posted than the second two!

And, by the way...it's Saint Patrick's Day, but someone stole our gold!

(This was actually my Grandmother's washpot that I inherited...I plan to place pots of flowers inside and I have it lined with an old shower curtain to protect it, plus keep it on my porch...photographing it as an empty pot of gold was my hubby's cute idea!)

22 comments:

Vores have said...

Nice pictures you show.
Here we have "white spring" - we have once again been snowing.
For 1 year ago (same date) we had to + 16 degrees and the first wood anemones were blown out .... Wish you a good Sunday :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Birgitta said...

Beautiful flowers! Beautiful view!

Dorothy said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Marie! Love your flowers! Sorry 'someboby' stole your gold:)

TexWisGirl said...

well, glad they only stole the gold and left that cool pot! :)

love your flower explosion! we have finally gotten to spring this week, too. kept returning to 40s and 50s and freezing each morning, then BAM! 80s and all the trees are budding like crazy.

Donna said...

Happy St Patrick's Day to you as Well!
LOVE that pot...smart hubby!
Snow in the desert? CoolBeans!
hughugs

Latane Barton said...

It's so odd seeing snow on cactus. Quite a treat for all you desert folks, I am sure. And, then... here comes summer. Love the flowers.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hard to believe that the weather can be so drastic!!! Glad you got some snow --but I would hate temps in the 90's already... YIPES....

Great photos.
Hugs,
Betsy

Pat said...

Love the pot! We're supposed to get some snow tonight! I guess you got the spring this week.

Carletta said...

If I lived there I would so miss my snow. :)
Those flowers are gorgeous and in 90 degree heat - oh my! I'm not ready for temps like that yet.
Ha, ha - loved the pot of gold!

i stora drag said...

Lucky you who have got Spring (or Summer)! Nice pictures of flowers and I love your header picture!

In Sweden the Winter is longer than ever, today it was so freezing cold in the wind. We're also waiting for Spring now!
/Pia

Carver said...

Beautiful flowers. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Candy C. said...

Love, love those African Daisies!! What a cool old pot from your grandmother! It will be beautiful as a flower pot! :)

Revrunner said...

90 degrees! Mmm. Right now it's 36 degrees, rainy, and foggy out where I live.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I thought I came to the wrong blog. You have redecorated with lots of colorful flowers. :)

Love all images today. And the last one. I have one almost the same as yours. But maybe mine is smaller. It´s nice, take good care of it.:)

Kathy said...

I love those African daisies!

George said...

It's too bad that pot of gold is empty. But I'm sure it will be beautiful when the flowers start blooming. We haven't had much snow, either, but we may get more this week -- now that I've started working in the year.

Leovi said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. Beautiful pictures! Greetings.

DeniseinVA said...

Such great photos Marie and snow too? Wow! Thank you for these wonderful flowers and for joining in with Today's Flowers. Thank you also for stopping by and wishing Gregg a happy birthday. He got a big kick out of reading it and thanks you for your kindness. We had a fun time celebrating with the family in Virginia Beach. I always enjoy my trips down there. Have a great day my friend. We're supposed to get snow flurries over the next couple of days.

Debbie said...

i LOVE that wash pot, you are so lucky to have that!!

it's still winter here but spring is just around the corner!!

Anonymous said...

Must have been lovely to see some snow.

Lovely flower shots!

Linda said...

The weather has been crazy lately!

Your flowers look wonderful.

Faye said...

Belated happy St. Paddy's Day to you Marie. Your blog make me appreciate all the colors of the desert. Your new header is fabulous.