What a nice surprise...the doorbell rang and when I opened the door, there was my prize sitting there. You see, when Candy and I went to the
Book Fair, I entered a raffle for a drawing. The note said that, for the first time in nearly FOREVER, I had actually won! The raffle was sponsored by Liberty Fund Books, and at their booth they had a wonderful array of very scholarly volumes on history, economics, the basis for our Constitution, and similar themes.
 |
| The little wooden cart is approximately 16" long and 9" wide. I remember when I signed up, thinking how cute it would look filled with plants! |
 |
| Of course it was already filled with some pretty wonderful things. This is a closeup of the ceramic boot mug. |
 |
| I very much look forward to reading this book of writings by Declaration signer Gouverneur Morris! There were two other wonderful books, scented soaps, some lovely handmade candles that had unfortunately not done well in the heat (perhaps I can straighten them) an ink pen shaped like a saguaro and a little ceramic saguaro. Oh, and the scarf underneath it all was really lovely too! |
If you are interested in seeing more of the amazing volumes made available by this wonderful company (they sent me an impressive catalog of the listings!) check them out online at
www.libertyfund.org.
 |
| This wonderful delivery of goodies just made my day! |
23 comments:
Thats the kind of knock at the door I like - enjoy the books.
About five years ago we won a huge basket of Easter Eggs - my kids eyes were on sticks! In the end we set up a "leaving tax" - where anybody who visited had to take an egg away!
Thanks for the multiple comments.
Cheers.
Stewart M - Melbourne
Congratulations on your win Marie - many beautiful things you have got. Wish you a good weekend :) Hugs Hanne Bente
Congrats, what a cool prize. I love the little wagon and all the goodies. Have a happy weekend!
Wow, congrats. That little wagon filled with goodies would have brightened anyones day and for you to win it was just the coolest thing. Enjoy.
congratulations! and they delivered! wow! i love the mug and the saguaro! so cool.
the wagon is adorable, too!
Congratulations! Nice prize!
What a neat prize. Congratulations!
An unexpected gift is always a day brightener!
What a nice raffle win.
How wonderful! You really hit the jackpot....or wagon. Enjoy it all!
How wonderful Marie, that's a lovely surprise.
That is a nice surprise! I haven't won anything lately...but then I haven't joined anything lately either. :)
Wow, congratulations! Awesome prize!
I still say that it is just SOOO cool that you won!! The wagon will be adorable filled with some flowering plants! :)
oohhhh love that wooden wagon!! Will look wonderful with plants!!
Who enjoy a cute little red wagon filled with delightful surprises left on the doorstep.
Congrats Marie. Have a blessed Sunday :)
congratulations. Winning such things is great. :)
A great big congratulations on winning... it all looks wonderful, esp the books, very interesting! Plus, that lil red wagon will look beautiful filled w/ plants! =)
Congratulations! That's a loadfull of prizes!
Oh My Goodness Marie!! How Fun to have won all that neat stuff!!
Enjoy!
hughugs
Oh my gosh! What a treasure trove! Lucky you!
Congrats on the lovely prizes(s)!
Really cool mug!
Post a Comment