Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


11 March 2013

Overpasses & Walkovers 1

I have been waiting to start this series.  Sometimes I do yard art, mailboxes, murals and of course fences, gates (and even the rattlesnake walkover) and Tucson has a LOT to offer!  BUT they also have something that is a little harder to photograph (because of the danger) but often JUST as interesting ...overpasses!  Tucson doesn't ever leave such things to the mundane.  Oh no!  An overpass or a walkover is another excuse for a great artistic design!

Native American motif....notice the design across the top as well.



Very difficult to capture since this is part of Highway 10, skirting Tucson.

My favorite motif on this overpass is the corn stalks.


Yet the flowers are very attractive also.



A different style. Like lovely 3-D monochrome tiles.

Rainbow colors.

Delightful design.

An eagle.
It will likely be a while before I can post more overpasses.  It took some doing to get these shots.  But, I will try to have another "Overpasses" and also "Walkways" post done as soon as I can.  There's plenty more to photograph!


25 comments:

Nature in the Burbs said...

These are great! Sure beats graffiti.

Dorothy said...

These are great shots and a great idea!! While out there on vacation, we really enjoyed see this artwork! I photographed as much of it as I could. We don't have that kind of thing here.

Dave said...

Very nice urban art. Great photos!

TexWisGirl said...

really neat! dallas does a little of this (lone stars, armadillos, etc.), but not nearly as colorful!

DeniseinVA said...

I haven't seen anything as interesting as these on our overpasses. Great shots Marie :)

Denim Journal, Scarlet Lens said...

Wow!
Gorgeous designs!
Great captures!

Carletta said...

Absolutely wonderful! Why wouldn't I expect this from your world! :)
I love it!
I haven't been down to our capital for awhile but I know one underpass there was being painted. I'll have to check next time.

I tried to access your blog yesterday a few times and ways and it kept coming up that it didn't exist. So glad you're still on here. :)

Brian King said...

These are awesome! We have nothing like it here. It's cool that even your overpasses are dressed up! Ours are just plain, boring concrete.

Vores have said...

Nice pictures you show Marie ..... ugh, read that you also shoot rattlesnakes ..... I do not like snakes. We have only one gidtslange here in Denmark, a viper. Ønskerdig a good day / good week :) Hugs Hanne Bente

Donna said...

Nice shots Marie!
Indians LOVE color...You should have seen my childhood homes...Each room Had to be a different color...
hughugs

Latane Barton said...

well blow me down. those people out there sure know how to be creative, don't they? Who would have guessed that the overpasses are decorated! Wow. Great job, Marie.

Kathy said...

These are look fairly recent. The third photo is my favorite of the group.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Holy Cow---I've never seen THAT. First, I was amazed at seeing all of the pretty mailboxes, gates,etc. in your area. And now you show us decorated overpasses. WOW--that's awesome. You do live in such a neat neat area!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Linda said...

Very nice artwork. A pleasure to see it!

Candy C. said...

You did a GREAT job photographing "on the fly" Marie! I always enjoy the one with the corn stalks and flowers when we drive through there! :)

NatureFootstep said...

wow, this is gorgeous! I totally love it. We have nothing of the sort in Sweden. Sometimes they can have paintings. But they are soon spoiled by grafitti. :( What you share here is unique I think. :)

Al said...

I remember seeing overpasses like this, I think it was in Phoenix, or maybe Las Vegas. Nice photos!

Leovi said...

That nice decoration in these bridges, great photos.

George said...

I'm very impressed with the way Tucson decorates its overpasses. They certainly make the city special. I look forward to more posts in this series.

Debbie said...

WoW, these are so cool and colorful!

what a great way to add some real beauty!!

Rohrerbot said...

LOL!!! I think the same things driving under these underpasses towards Mexico or Madera. I'd love to snap shots but it's too dangerous while driving. I actually like all the art they've put up around town on bridges and overpasses. Great pics:) Were you able to play "passenger" for these shots?:)

Paula said...

WOW~ these are all gorgeous!!
Love the colorful ones~ but the "3-D" one is cool too!

Ebie said...

Wow, I love those art work, but you took all that effort to take these shots. I hope it was safe. Very lovely!

If I have done the same thing in Los Angeles, I would probably get a citation.

Icy BC said...

These are beautiful overpasses and clean! You won't see anything like these ones in my part of the world!

Mary said...

I wish all cities did this sort of thing with their overpasses. I always enjoy seeing these.