Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


25 March 2013

My First Tuesday Muse



"There was a time when meadow, grove and stream,
The earth, and every common sight,
To me did seem
Apparelled in celestial light,
The glory and the freshness of a dream.
It is not now as it hath been of yore;--
Turn wheresoe'er I may,
By night or day,
The things which I have seen I now can see no more."
William Wordsworth

My photograph:  Dusk on the Currituck Sound, NC.

I am joining in with Tuesday Muse at Nancy's A Rural Journal.  Click on the link to see more.

28 comments:

Vores have said...

Beautiful picture - lovely text.
Wish you a good day / good Easter. Hugs Hanne Bente

Barbara said...

Welcome @ Tuesday Muse, isn't it fun to play along.

Great images and such a beautiful poem to match.

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

*sigh* Such a beautiful serene scene Marie!

Thanks so much for sharing with us at TM this week. xo

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely image and Beautiful poem!

Nancy said...

Hi Marie, I am visiting from Tuesday Muse. A perfect marriage of image and words.
Being from N.C., I am especially fond of your image...

Donna said...

Oh Marie! How Beautiful!
hughugs

TexWisGirl said...

really lovely. a spot to ponder, certainly.

Bev said...

Very Nice!

Anonymous said...

Love your first Tuesday Muse. It's exquisite. Hope to see more...

EG CameraGirl said...

This photo looks so wonderfully serene!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful photo and a beautiful poem to go with it..

Happy Tuesday!!

Latane Barton said...

Very nice. The meme looked very intriguing so i jumped over and took a look and linked up to it myself. Thanks.

Oh... I adore your header!!

Dorothy said...

Love the lighting on the water! Beautiful!

Anne Payne said...

A very peaceful scene and beautiful words to go with it. Thanks for sharing!

I'm a new follower from Tuesday Muse.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The photo reminds me of the lake where I used to go with my parents when I was young. The water would be choppy from the wind, but I still enjoyed swimming in it. Love the poem!

Cindy said...

That is a beautiful photograph and I love the poem.
Hugs, Cindy
I left a comment on your random five from last Friday too.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful photo, Marie--and I love the words by Wordsworth....

Hugs,
Betsy

Sharon said...

Marie, the texture of the water is rich and beautiful! Blessings to you!

George said...

This is a great photo and is a perfect illustration for the poem.

Anonymous said...

This was my first time linking up with Nancy's Tuesday Muse also. Textures are so fun! Hope you have a wonderful week and Happy Easter, Marie.

Ranch Wife Robyn

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a gorgeous water shot!

Mary said...

This is so lovely! Silvery, sparkly beauty. :). Wonderful. You and your family have a beautiful Easter!

Stewart M said...

Thats a nice picture. Interesting colours (colors?)

Post to WBW when ever you wish.

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Phil Slade said...

Super shot Marie. Wonderful reflections and light.

beatrice De said...

On the right hand side picture, is that a knitting machine ?
Well thing have change since I have seen one ! I kow the verry big, wthout computer. Well, until I would undertand how it is working, I better o Knit by hand !!!

You can see a lot knitting on my blog * Les tricots, couture.... *
Have a nice Easter week-end.

beatrice De said...

I think I am stupid, it is a normal swaing machine. But very small !

Carletta said...

So pretty!!! I LOVE it down there.
I'm thinking the Granddaughters might be old enough to enjoy a visit there now and perhaps we'll make it this summer. They would love the dunes! :)

Debbie said...

Love the shimmer, glimmer!!