Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


25 August 2009

Tucson This Spring/Summer

In Tucson there is a small mountain marked with the letter "A." It makes a nice afternoon drive to go to the overlook.



A view of the city from the overlook on "A" Mountain, and the Rincon Mtns. in the distance.

The top of a blooming saguaro cactus from the overlook.


Our grandson sitting in the little stone building they have there.
This is a fascinating thing in the city....a walkway over a major roadway that looks like a rattlesnake. Here is the entrance shaped like the snake's head. Look at the fangs!

Here is the rattlesnake's body.


And as you come out at the other end, you see the tail with its rattles in front of you...you also trip a sound mechanism there that makes the sound of the rattles! Really ingenious and fun!

On the Northeast side of the city, Mt. Lemon looms tall and majestic and there are many overlooks as you wind up the mountain road. Here we are at one stop we made where we were able to get some great photos. This is our daughter, son-in-law and grandson.


Saguaros in the sunset.


One view of the city.

Another view with purple mountains embracing the bowl in which Tucson rests.



Saguaros in the deep purple of dusk.







4 comments:

Rose said...

Your last photo is so beautiful...always read about Arizona in Zane Grey books.

Susan at Stony River said...

What a sky, and what a landscape---but I love your family photos and that rattlesnake best!

A Colorful World said...

Thanks you two! The visit was wonderful, and I loved being with them out there again. And, check out my Mogollon Rim pictures in the archives for Zane Grey references!

Peggy said...

Hi Marie it looks breathtaking! The rattlesnake is ingenious i aaaaaaam sure the kids loved it.