Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


01 August 2009

Brain Teaser!

My brother, Mom and I were discussing candle power. Michael said that the one candle produces a foot of light (called lumen, or one candle power) and he asked how many fireflies it would take to produce one candle power--or, how many fireflies would it take to read a book. The answer was 40 fireflies
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But I said, 41 (scroll down)
.
.
.Forty to produce the light to read by, and one to turn the pages! :-)
Yep, folks, I came up with this bit of silliness all by myself! :-) And did the drawing, too. Thought you'd all enjoy a smile to start your day!
.

4 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

That's adorable! I love puzzles like that too, and finding answers--probably why I became a librarian.

I loooove the look of your blog these days by the way, and the photos!

Peggy said...

Hi Marie, I think your answer makes great sense! I love the drawing too.

Mary said...

LOL! Funny and very clever, too. It's a real nuisance when they keep going off and on :-)

A Colorful World said...

I'm with you, Mary! It's hard to read when your light is flickering! :-) Thanks so much, you three for the comments on my "funny."