Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


10 November 2016

I'm back a little bit...

Good Friday Morning!  This isn't my actual return from my respite, but I had to stick my toe back in the water briefly!  Forgive me if I don't visit you again yet, but I will do my best to try to catch up...from the new house!  Just a quick five for Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday Five and Amy's Five on Friday....

1)  May I begin by sharing a lovely sunrise from this week!



2)  The big news!  We have a new President, and a lot of prayers have been answered.  Trump isn't perfect, of course, but he may be exactly what this country needs to turn things around.  Our world has been changing for the worst for too many years now.  Keep praying!  Pray our sense of division in this country will be healed, and we will all start to stand together, work together and not let our differing points of view destroy us!

3)  I've been following The Bulletin online, the Deschutes area OR newspaper, where we are moving.  It's fun keeping up with what is going on at my new home.  Today there was an article about a new book  by a Eugene resident (and prolific writer) Notaro, called Crossing the Horizon.
It's a novel based on the lives of the three other contenders for the first trans-oceanic crossing by plane by a woman--three women unknown where Amelia Earhart is a household name, of course.  I read the article eagerly, hoping one of the women pilots would be my distant relative, also a female pilot.  That was not the case, but I am very excited about the book, and anxious to read it.  [btw those of you who do reviews on Magnolia, get with it!  You know who you are! :-)]

4)  Watched a program about the Long Island serial killings on ID two nights ago to get our minds off the election results.  We like to watch detective/murder shows sometimes.  In another life, I would have loved to solve murders.  Our grandson wants to become a police detective.  Perhaps he will do so!  Anyway, that string of horrible murders is still unsolved, and may involve the police chief of that county who is now in prison, at least in a cover-up.  The really sad part was at the end of the program it stated that the mother of the young woman whose disappearance started the search that ultimately turned up 17 bodies, has been killed (allegedly) by her youngest daughter this year!  I opened my computer and looked it up...so sad!  After going through the murder of her eldest, now she is killed (allegedly) by her youngest, a schizophrenic, who stabbed her repeatedly.  Really tragic turn of events!  And as for the LI murders...I so wish they could be solved and that monster found!

5)  I am going to attend a going-away luncheon tomorrow with the ladies from church.  My hubby was invited by the men to a bar-b-q at one of their houses also.  So so sad to leave my sweet church family!  Going to miss them all so much!!!  Will post pictures of course at a much later date.  The date of Veterans Day was chosen, I think originally because of Russell's service, so they are honoring him that way as well.  Thank you to all the Veterans out there who have personally given so much for American freedom!!!!

My helicopter door-gunner husband in Viet Nam.  Thank you sweet guy for all you have done!


15 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

happy veterans day to your husband, what a great photo! funny about you moving to the deschutes area, they are opening a brewery right here in roanoke! we will have ties! did you find a house? i hope you will be able to find a great church family when you get moved! it was great hearing from you! take care marie until the next time!

Tanya Breese said...

oh and thank you so much for linking! i know you are extemely busy!

Aritha V. said...

Praying for America. I love to read what you are writing about it. We live in Europe and listen to the world news with European ears ;-) So special a man as Trump can be a president.

Anonymous said...

Happy Veterans Day to your dear hubby. Thank him for his service from me, please. It's always sad to leave but good to look forward to the new things God has for you...
FYI...we were good with the presidential election results...

Michelle said...

Good to hear from you. Thankful to your husband, and all veterans, for their service.

Tom said...

I hope that you are back on a regular basis soon.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous sky! I hope everything is going well at the new place!

Mascha said...

Happy Veterans Day and good luck for all.
Prayers.

Maggie Ann said...

Hi Marie, I'm not onliine as much as I used to but its still fun to blog!

Tomoko said...

Such beautiful sky and sunset!The last photo is very special!
Have a good weekend,Marie.

diane b said...

Many changes for you then. Hope all turns out well.

NatureFootstep said...

that was a beautiful sunset :)

Phil Slade said...

A belated but Happy Day wishes to your husbnad for Veterans Day Marie. Lots of us over here followed the election with great interest. It is important for us to have a President who will make America great again. I am sure you made the right choice.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I hope you enjoy your new house and Oregon. Gorgeous sunset. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My husband was a gunner in the war too. I showed him the photo and he said it looked like him, too! How amazing is that! Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend. Hugs, Diane