Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


22 June 2016

Birds Eye View

Just a quick post for Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday and later in the week, Anni's Bird d'Pot.  I haven't participated in some time with either of these awesome bird memes, because I'm not getting out in the heat to get any photos.  But here's one I took from my front porch....

Gila woodpecker on saguaro flower

19 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love seeing this beautiful bird and the saguaro flower! I heard how hot it is in your part of the country! Stay safe inside! x K

Amy at love made my home said...

Amazing photo!!

Tom said...

I'm sure that the AC feels good!

Latane Barton said...

stay in where it's cooler, the birds will still be there later on.

Beth said...

What a handsome bird!

Brian King said...

How gorgeous! Can't beat that from the porch!

L. D. said...

It is a beautiful bird. They seem to be so compatible with cactus.

Inspired By June said...

Great shot! I miss seeing the saguaro blossoms!

Unknown said...

It's a very handsome woodpecker. Take care!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Marie!:) Such a lovely Woody, and a beautiful capture from your porch.:)

Phil Slade said...

What a good looking bird. Great against the blue sky and the green of the cactus plant.

Hootin Anni said...

Terrific photo....
I miss seeing the saguaro in bloom.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cool shot of the Woodpecker. I hope you are staying cool! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

mick said...

Great photo - the bird and flower head against the blue sky is very beautiful. Thanks for your very nice comment on my blog.

Mascha said...

A wonderful photo of a beautiful bird. Have enjoyed it in the morning.
Send you a cool breeze

diane b said...

Magic shot.

Anni said...

I'm back for a 2nd visit Marie...I'm happy you shared this. Thanks for adding your link this weekend at I'd Rather B Birdin' with your busy schedule preparing to move and all. It's always appreciated.

Sharon Wagner said...

That is a superb photo, with the bird's fluffy head against the cerulean sky. Thanks so much for catching up over at my creative writing blog. It was such fun to read all your thoughtful comments. We're heading to Sedona, AZ this weekend. For fun and book research! My novel ends there. I can't wait.

abrianna said...

I toohave not gone out much due to the heat. Great front porch capture.