Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


08 February 2016

Tuesday Treasures-Tumacacori

Mission San Jose de Tumacacori (Too-ma-Cah-corri) church is breath-taking.  It is often overlooked by visitors to S Arizona and Mission San Xavier del Bac is always on the itinerary.  Oh, yes, San Xavier is definitely a MUST-see, and I will post about it on another day.  But today...share some of these views of beautiful Tumacacori (present church built in the early 1800s) for Tom's Tuesday Treasures, for Mersad's Through My Lens and joining in also with Monica's Trees & Bushes as well.

Learn more about this beautiful Mission HERE







A pear tree on the grounds.




A tree in the cemetery



 

22 comments:

Debbie said...

it is a beautiful structure but very unusual looking to me......such pretty gardens!!!

Ela said...

Beautiful building mission !
And your photos are stunning !
Greetings

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful images of the mission. I would love to explore this place. Great photos. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Well, now I must come back to Tucson. (I wish). We visited the White Dove of the DEsert every time we were there and loved it, but I did not know about this one. Love the pictures and look forward to seeing your take on the one we have seen.

Amy at love made my home said...

A beautiful and incredible building! xx

L. D. said...

A lot of beautiful shots of the church and area around it. It is a great church to see. It looks like a warmer climate than I am living in right now.

Brian King said...

Wow! That is awesome! The old architecture is so much nicer than a lot of the modern stuff.

Hootin Anni said...

One of my favorite stops when we'd come back from shopping in Nogales across the border!!!

It's a great treasure not too many know about. Loved your captures.

Michelle said...

Been to this area a few times and have missed this beautiful place.

DeniseinVA said...

It is a beautiful mission Marie, must have been very interesting to visit. I tried to leave you a message a couple of days ago but I was away from home and the wifi was as slow as a snail.

Lois said...

Oh wow! It is gorgeous. Wonderful pictures.

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed the photos! Looks like a neat old mission! Reminds me of Season 1 Episode 23 of the 1965 tv series Laredo

EG CameraGirl said...

Definitely a treasure!

Tom said...

I love your southwest treasure...the architecture is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this week Marie and I hope that you return real soon.

Mona's Picturesque said...

Gorgeous scenery! Thanks for sharing these pictures. And thanks for visiting me and such nice words :)

Suza said...

wonderful pictures. So very interesting.
best regards
susa from germany

Anonymous said...

I really like the inside of that church! I'm all for old and historical places.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful architecture!

Mersad said...

That's a really interesting architecture inside. Love the huge walls and openings. I also like the fact that the Mission seems to be in a isolated spot, which gives it a special feel. Thank you for linking in with "Through My Lens".

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic looking building!

Arti said...

I followed your link and found out, that we missed it on our last vacation. What a shame, it looks so beautiful.

Rose said...

Oh, Marie...I would love to see this in person. I really am glad you showed us so many pics.