Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


26 February 2016

Back on Friday!

Here are my "I'm back!" things for this Friday...joining in with Amy's Five on Friday.   But just learned that Tina at EG Camera girl has passed away.  She and her husband were in an accident, and Tanya found this out and passed the news on to the rest of us.  So so sad!  What a beautiful blogger she was!  Just so tragic!  I will go ahead and do my post as planned though Tanya is not having Willy Nilly today in memory of our dear blogger friend.

1.  First of all, gonna have to pull back a little...posting just twice or maybe three times a week, so I won't be hitting all my favorite memes every single week.  But I'll definitely try to hit them when I can!  Just have a LOT to do to get my household ready for the packing and moving in a few months!  Also they took my hubby in to the hospital last night for observation because of this severe cold.  He was dehydrated, had low blood pressure and wasn't oxygenated.  So I wasn't sure I was even going to get to post this today after being over there all day yesterday.  So if I don't visit your post please forgive me!

2.  We had company over last weekend!  Our nephew, who we had not seen in over 35 years, and his wife, who we had never met!  It was incredible seeing them!  Here are  few photos of our drive through Saguaro National Park....



A cactus wren nest!
3.  Uncle and nephew...a reunion!


4.  I was sick and now I am well, just have a lingering cough.  My hubby is now very sick!  While I was laying down so much, I read a lot.  I also tend to read in Dr. offices (and there have been quite few Dr.-related visits for both of us lately!) and I always read before I go to sleep at night because it tires my eyes and allows me to go to sleep.  SOOO....I am four books ahead of my target book reads for the year so far on Goodreads!  If you aren't familiar with Goodreads, check it out! If you love to read, and want to see our book reviews, check them out on Springtime in Magnolia book club!  This is a blog hosted by my Mom and me (Mom's blog if you aren't familiar with her is Living Life on Main Street, HERE)  Another thing you might want to check out if you are a reader is abebooks.  You can find used books from all over the world, some with free shipping, and many in New or Fine condition, for really cheap!  But the reason I have brought this up is to tell you about my most recent book read!  All The Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr is a wonderful and amazing book!  He won the Pulitzer for this book, and it is a true gem of fiction art; a story of two people during World War II, but one different from anything before.   I would recommend it highly to anyone! 

5.  On the same line of thought, we lost Harper Lee a week ago.  The loss of the writer of To Kill a Mockingbird is so sad...it is a loss of all of us.  Her book is one of the best books ever written.  It too won the Pulitzer prize.  Go Set a Watchman was written first and there is some doubt that it was accepted by her for it to be released last year, and I have not read it yet.  To Kill a Mockingbird was such a masterpiece, I hesitate to read the other one.  But, eventually I probably will.  Harper Lee (called Nelle by those who loved her)....one of the greats! 


7 comments:

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So tragic about Tina. I didn't follow her, but I saw her comments on other's blogs. Nice that you were able to spend time with your nephew and meet his wife. I am almost done with a book that I will post on Springtime in Magnolia. I have started so many books that I haven't finished this winter, but this one was worth reading all the way through. Hope you are feeling better and your hubby feels better soon, too. x Karen

mamasmercantile said...

Sorry to hear you and your dear husband have not been well. Hoping you both have a speedy recovery and your husband is out of the hospital soon. What an amazing reunion after so many years, wonderful.

Mascha said...

Abebooks we have in Germany too and the book of Anthony Doerr is transdlated in German. I will read it, have it at my wishlist now at amazon (it's still to despensive to buy, but I will wait 1-2 years), thankls for the tip.
Get well soon for your husband and good luch with all, what you have to do.

It's so tragically with EG Camera Girl :-(

Linda P said...

Very sad to hear about the tragic accident and my thoughts are with the families of Tina and her husband. Thank you for sharing your own news on a Five on Friday post. I'm sorry to know you and your husband and sick and I hope your health improves with your move happening soon. I can understand that your health and the move takes priority, but know you'll blog when you can. All the best.

Hootin Anni said...

Yes, yes....there is so much work involved when preparing for a 'huge' move as you're working on. So, it's understandable. I do hope the two of you begin to feel better tho....that isn't good to be worn down and weakened by colds. TAKE CARE!!

As for E G CameraGirl....I also will post a little 'remembrance' on my bird blog today. How sad. She was one of a kind and will sorely be missed.

As for "To Kill a Mockingbird"...I read it long ago [btw, I use Good Reads AND Abe Books for searching a title no longer in print] and I thought the novel was so dry, I couldn't never understand the critics' praise. LOL...I guess I'm weird. LOL

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it was sad news about Tina and her hubby! She will be missed. The photos from the park are nice, I would like to visit there someday. I hope you and your hubby feel better, take care. Have a happy weekend!

Mac n' Janet said...

Sorry to hear you've all been sick. Hope you're doing better. How fun to see a family member after all those years.