For Skywatch Friday, here are some accumulating cumulus.:-) These photos also stand as #1. in my Willy Nilly Friday Five: 1.
2. My son-in-law's birthday was a few days ago and we went to see the new Terminator movie, then out to Oregano's for dinner. We all had a lovely time. There was another fire on the mountain caused by a lightning strike, which we saw as we were driving to the restaurant. Later, in the dark, it looked like a ribbon of bright orange suspended in the night sky....like a fiery dragon flying over Tucson! That fire is almost out and did little damage, but there's another worse one in the Santa Rita mountains east of Tucson that has destroyed over 2,000 acres.
3. My grandson is taking a childcare portion of home economics and was given a blown-out egg to care for. It didn't make it through the first day. :-)
4. Did anyone else watch Alone? What an awesome series! If you aren't familiar with it, let me explain: Ten men were dropped off on the western side of Vancouver Island, Canada all in different spots. They were allowed ten items to use for their survival, and the man who lasted the longest would win a half million dollars. But none of them would know where they were in the progression, whether the first man to tap out or the next to the last. Being alone in the wilderness really wore on the contestants, aside from their struggle to survive. Three men were chased off the island right away by predators. There are 7,000 bears on Vancouver Island and about 2,000 cougars and a couple of hundred wolves. The others handled the predator situation better, but each had his own issues. One by one they went home until there were 3 left. Then 2. It was over 50 days, and neither man knew that they were only one of two left. Finally, the next to the last man left the island, and one man remained. He was a fascinating, very humble and kind man who handled the solitude and struggles with humor and a generally positive attitude. It was such a delight to see him win! He was so surprised when they told him. We thoroughly enjoyed the series, which only lasted about six weeks, I think. I hope they do another one. Of course, I am sure they will choose a different place if they do.
5. I have been reading a lot, and trying to get things more organized in my home and do some "catch up" with my blogger friends, but haven't been sewing much lately. I have to get back to my sewing. The heat is hard on me, and I don't have a lot of Oomph in my day. It's been a joy to curl up and read, especially on a rainy afternoon, and of course at night when I go to bed. I wish we had more people contributing to our book club blog. It's nice that we have followers and commenters, but I hope a few more people will start submitting book reviews too. Whether you wish to contribute, follow, comment, or just read our reviews, please stop by! It's located HERE.
********
I would like to add that I am sure everyone has been following the horrible tragedy that happened in Roanoke this past week. Thought of you Tanya right away since this happened in your town. Very sorry for all the city of Roanoke is going through.For the post that I thought was going to be Tanya's "welcome back" click HERE. :-)
28 comments:
Beautiful cloud formations.
I love your clouds. That series Alone sounds very interesting. I'll have to watch for the next time that they start it up.
We have had a strange summer here in Tulsa and August is almost like September, rainy and cold.
Oh, gosh. I love the egg story! Your header is amazing...
It's hurricane season, isn't it? We could use rain here.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!
lovely skies. glad the fire could be contained.
Marvellous sky photos!
I would write a book rewiev, but whe a book is translated in German, it's old in States I think, nobody would read it...
Here I've written about my favorite books
http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2014/07/literary-stylings-chagall-blue.html
http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2014/06/john-berger-from-to-x-story-in-letters.html
http://maschas-buch.blogspot.de/2014/05/literary-stylings-konstantin-paustovsky.html
Have a nice weekend under your dramatic sky :-)
Hi Marie, I love your Arizona skies....the clouds look so close...like you could almost touch them! I enjoyed reading your post...its like a really nice visit. I've not much energy either ...in hot days in the 80's for sure. That tv show about surviving sounds interesting....but could they have lost their lives for half the million? hope not. Those fires sound scary...scary! The birthday outing sounds so nice =) Hope you are having a good day.
Please don't apologise for your camera shots Marie. Your cloud pictures somehow capture the movement and as your so describe it, the "drama".
I love those pretty clouds :) They form fine shapes :)
Hello Marie, your sky shots are lovely. Beautiful clouds. I would have liked that shot, I am sorry I missed it. These wildfires are really scary, I hope everyone is safe. Have a happy weekend!
Love your description of the fire on the Catalinas at night. And your grandson's egg ... too bad, but he tried, that is what COUNTS.
As for reality TV. Nope not for me. In fact, we only watch a couple of shows ONLINE the day after airing. We have no cable, so the TV is used for DVD sets and movies. lol
Give a whole different meaning to "Cloudy Day." Tom The Backroads Traveller
Beautiful Tucson skies!!
Those clouds look very much like the ones we are having at this time of year here in our part of Australia.
Beautiful clouds........so funny.........I just posted about clouds. LOL Hope the fires smother out and stay away from you. How funny about the childcare egg.. I don't watch Alone......I need to check it out though. I also need to read more.........I just cant seem to put my needle down long enough to do so! Yes the Roanoke tragedy is so very sad. Have a good weekend!
Those fires are so scary. I hope they stay away from you! Love those clouds! The childcare egg story made me laugh. I don't watch that TV show but I need to check it out. The Roanoke story was so shocking!
Beautiful cloud formations!
Nice monsoon shots - we've been getting a good monsoon this year, unlike many recent years.
gorgeous, clouds! thx 4 all the comments. so kind of u. hope u r well. rainy weekend. ( :
not sure about the Nebraska lighthouse. we guessed it was mainly 4 show. or fun.
Alone sounds like it could be addictive!
If you have a look on my photoblog you can see that there is a book review tab - would you like me to jin in with your review group - or are they not the right sort of books?
Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne
The clouds are beautiful! OOPS! Sorry about the egg! Being alone on an is;and with such scary animals does not appeal to me at all! :)
I love watching cloud formations.
My husband loves shows like Alone. I thought the last 3 contestants were awesome. He also likes Life Below Zero and Mountain Men.
those are my favorite clouds/skies, always providing a little break from the sun!!
we went to see the new jurassic park movie and i actually enjoyed it...it may have been the hot actor or the popcorn, i'm not sure!!!
You have been busy no wonder sewing was not a priority.
The cloud formations are always a natural wonder.
1. Those were pretty cloud formations.
2. It's been a bad year for fires - My state (WA) is still battling many different wild fires. Was the Terminator movie good? I missed it at the theater so will have to wait for it on DVD now.
3. That made me laugh
4. Hubby watched some of this series. I'm not that into those kinds of things but it was an interesting concept and not something I would try doing.
5. I read a couple of books but then the next ones I tried weren't very interesting so I need to find something else to read.
Yes, wonderfully uplifting skies and clouds! Thank you for your kind comment on my jellyfish.
I love to look into the sky and I also see figures, sometimes it could be very funny :-))))
Now I enjoyed your pics, thanks for sharing.
Greetings from Tenerife
N☼va
beautiful skies marie! i never understood the reason for the egg..babies are way tougher than an egg :) hope they have the fires out by now...i liked your dragon description! that show sounds interesting! thanks for linking marie, sorry it took so long to get over here!
Post a Comment