I am joining in for the first time to a meme I found very intriguing...Linda Kay at Senior Adventures has a Wednesday Wit & Wisdom, where you post a photograph and create a short written piece to accompany it. Since I love to write (as well as take photos) I thought this might be fun. It will also be a challenge. Here is my first entry. Thanks Linda Kay for this interesting meme! I hope others will decide to join in! [It was funny...Mom decided to join in also, quite independently of me! I told her about it and she said she had planned to tell me. We both had stories ready & waiting to join in. We were really thinking alike! :-)] Check out Mom's blog at Living Life on Main Street.
This was the last "Great Adventure." The older couple had recreated their world many times, made a home in a strange and different place more times than she could remember. Now they were returning to the desert, where they had lived once when their daughter was small. But this time was the last time they would move all their belongings and create a new home for themselves. They had already driven hundreds of miles, her husband in the rental truck in front of her. The sky grew huge and dramatic, the dry earth around them grew more flat and alien as the sun beat down on both their vehicles. The road stretched endlessly toward the unknown. What lay ahead, she wondered. What would their final years be like in this world so different from the rolling hills and trees and rivers that they were abandoning. What would their days be like as they shared the monotony of their every day, as they grew more and more stiff and filled with pain, and less and less able to LIVE. Would they hide from the sun? Or would this be an adventure like no other, filled with wonder and awe? She sighed and looked to a plume of smoke in the distance, as a fire spread across the naked landscape. All so dry, so unforgiving....and yet, she knew she would find the small delights that lay ahead. There would be thousands of special moments and wonders. Thousands of joys. She knew.
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
18 comments:
Very well said, Marie. I think it was interesting that you chose your move to Arizona as your first Wit and Wisdom piece. Me, I just reverted back to my childhood and yes, it was Jupie that inspired my W & W piece this morning.
Hello Marie, wonderful story. Moving is like an adventure, seeing new places and doing new things. Thanks for sharing, have a great day!
An adventure!
Hi Marie - I love your story - it is very touching. It is brave to move to a new place so unfamiliar to 'home' and start a new life. So many doubts, so many hopes and dreams all put together. This story made me remember my parents who were equally brave. Thank you for sharing. xo Karen
We need to make one more move---- then ???
Nicely written.
Hi Marie, I enjoyed reading about your adventure! You write well, like your mother! If you haven't written and published a book, you should! I agree, moving out west must have been a big adventure!
Hello Marie - catching up after back to back travels these past couple of months!
LOVE this piece you wrote - and happy all worked out for you with the move to Arizona.
Perhaps I'll join in too - I need a new challenge and I like the theme of this meme.
Tonight I'll find a pic and write - now I have a/c again (it was broken for several days) and can breathe, haha!
Hugs - Mary
Gorgeous cloud formation!
Marie, great story, and I can definitely relate. I've followed the moving truck a few times myself to a new adventure! Thanks so much to you and your mom for joining in today!
I love this Marie, you made such a heart touching story with the photo!
Well done!!!
And, in regards to your comment you left for me yesterday:
Sounds interesting...I also found another book about Tanner besides Ghost Birds. He was a co-hort of searchers and researchers with the author of Grail Bird also. He was very dedicated!!! I'll have to make sure I keep watch for the book on shelves in my local book stores...or order one soon.
And it has been wonderful, hasn't it, Marie? I'm looking forward to the same adventure, but returning to the desert I learned to love many years ago. Hope to see you in Arizona soon!
what a great idea. neat!! i saw some where you said you don't like sharing your writing works - but i think you do a great job ... you have such a creative side. i applaud your creativeness. you should share it with the world. break out & be brave. on the thing to always remember is some one might learn from you, even it is something so small or simple - you never know. why i love blogging so ... i have learn some much more than i would have ever realized i could. or might have??!
i love those clouds. so pretty. what a gorgeous day.
i love your header shot too ... that cactus is so different. ( :
This was a such a delightful, hope-filled story, Marie! What a fun meme!
Neat idea. I loved your story :-)
Hi Marie, great story to go with your photo. I want it to continue~~~ Just met Latana and read her story too. How fun to read she is your mom. Two great talents.
Have a nice weekend.
cm
Lovely pic and fine story to go with!
~
you are a great story teller, the image is perfect!! i didn't know latane was your mom??? i read her blog as well!!
sometimes we need to be inspired...i'm happy you found some inspiration!!
Post a Comment