1. So, for "one" of my five, I offer you the little guy...
![]() |
| In Texas with my pet rooster, Lonesome George |
![]() |
| With his Grandaddy at the Patriotic Concert at Festival Hill in 2004 |
| In North Carolina, playing with snow on his sand table |
| Also in North Carolina, checking out his stocking on Christmas morning |
| Another Christmas, showing off a handmade ornament |
![]() |
| With Mommy, starting kindergarten |
2. Last week we had Vacation Bible School at my church. I was only signed up as a "floating helper" and because I was sick earlier in the week, only ended up attending the last two days. It is always a HUGE blessing. We have a wonderful church of sweet Christians, who go all out for these kids. The theme was "Outer Space" and the kids all seemed to really enjoy themselves, and learn a lot about the Lord. I am always pretty taken with the Pastor's adorable little grand-daughter. Missing my "little girl" who is long past being grown, and not having a grand-daughter, I radiate toward this little charmer. Everyone does at the church. She isn't even two years old and yet is always right in there with the older kids, trying everything they are doing. I watched her delight in throwing water balloons with the other kids. With the girl-boy rivalry in the auditorium over the amount of pennies brought in by each for the missionary, each group would holler "Boys" or "Girls" about who would win. I watched her sitting in her Daddy's lap, yelling with the rest of them, throwing her arms up with her hurrahs. Just TOO cute! Then there was the missionary's 18-month-old son, in his Dad's arms as he led the singing, and he was moving his arms around like a song-leader, just like Daddy. Just melted my heart! Later the little guy had a piece of pvc pipe and while Dad sat at a table talking to the older boys who were doing a wood-burning project, the little guy sat there humming into the pvc pipe, like he was making music. Again, TOO cute! These little moments of innocence, of sweetness....of learning and growing are the ENORMOUS things in life. Such little ones, like my daughter and grandson when they were small and like these two toddlers this past week are the bearers of shining moments of pure joy, and make life's trials melt away. I told you I was going to get philosophical! :-)
3. Oh, but there is so much promise and joy in a thirteen-year-old as he faces the future. And such love still for his Grandmother, that it warms my heart! I need that boy's love, and I know I will always have it. He means so much to me! And I know I will be proud of the man he is going to become, just as I am proud of his mother. I had planned to take a picture of him this week with his Mom to show you how much he has grown...but well, that didn't happen. :( Maybe soon.
4. So, for "four" I will move on to other little things: (Here is a teaser of a couple of shots, with more to be posted later...)
After seeing one set of baby quail with their parents early in the year, I kept hoping we would see more, because my photos of the fuzzy balls were very inadequate. And it's so cute always to see babies. Finally, a bell-shaped seed feeder I had put out for a while was noticed and we have started having daily visits from a Gambel Quail family! Here is Papa Gambrel Quail and the little ones. (More photos will be shared later)
5. And finally, I had planned to use "five" as my announcement that I was going to take a little time off, maybe five or six days, to finish some projects before the end of the month. Only, I've already been taking time off every day to get these accomplished, and then keeping my big toe in the blogger water. I am drastically behind in getting back to you all after your comments on my posts (about three weeks!) so I hope you'll forgive me. I am getting even more behind as I finish these, and I guess I'll say I need about three days off now, so I will take it. I promise I will try to get caught up with everyone as quickly as I can! And to give you a "little" taste of what I've been doing, here is a pj set and toy bunny I made for the Children's Home...



19 comments:
Hello Marie, your grandson is handsome and your daughter is beautiful. What a wonderful family. My son is 22 now and I am amazed at how fast those years went by. I love the cute PJ set and the toy bunny! Oh and I love the cute Quail family. Have a happy weekend!
What a beautiful post, Marie :-) Yes, I understand the bittersweet of growing children. I have one 13 year old girl who, I swear, was only a baby yesterday. I got to watch her go away to camp for the first time this week, and I shed a few tears over what was, what is, and what will be. On the other end of the spectrum, I have a fourteen-month-old girl who, I just know, was born yesterday. Now, she's learning to walk and trying to talk. Oh, it passes so quickly.
Oh, yes, we all have gone through that... the passage of time as we watch our little ones grow up. I wish we could just capture some of that and put it in a jar so we could pull it out and relive it whenever we need to. I feel your emotions. But, just wait until the great-grands come along. You'll be over the moon.
This was such a lovely Five on Friday post you shared today. Your little grandson is adorable. The little PJ set you made is beautiful. You are very talented. My best wishes to you.
i hope he continues to be a sweet young man who holds your heart. :) lovely quail.
Lovely post, Marie....and be sure to enjoy a bit of time off. We'll see you when you get back!
My heart is there too Marie with my son who is just turned 14! I pray he will grow into a true man of God with a heart for Him!
So glad to hear your VBS was a great success.
Hope you have fun making more lovely things and enjoying the summer!
Five very wonderful things Marie! There is too much that I could say about each one, but they are all so very good and I am so glad that your heart has been so full of love this week, and no doubt always. Thank you so much for joining in. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx
The time flies faster and faster and we can only enjoy the moment and remeber it all...
Lovely pictures and the quails are so cute. Never seen them here in free nature - your fauna is so rich!
I think, that comments never should be a "must".
Have a nice weekend
Lovely thoughts, Marie - yes, so bittersweet to see children grow up and it happens overnight, doesn't it? Your grandson is very fortunate to have so much love in his life. What a beautiful photo of your daughter and grandson. I love quail - I haven't heard their sweet calls in quite a few years. Aren't you such a dear for sewing the darling little jammies and bunny for a precious child! Your Grandson has wonderful role models! Hugs xo Karen
It's hard to watch our babies grow, isn't it? Mine are 6,9 and 10 and it feels like they were just born! My oldest reminded me recently about why it is important they are growing - "Mom, the only way I'll stop growing up is if I DIE! Aren't you glad I'm growing instead??" So true. Keep growing and blossoming. Mommy will deal with it! :)
So nice to hear all about children and grandchildren. Our first grandchild now has a son who will be five in October-- it is hard to believe how fast time goes by. Speaking of grand-babies, thank you for your comments on our granddaughter Graciela's post. She will be so encouraged by your words!
I am so in the bitter sweet mode with my children that your number 1 today hit a raw nerve. Bitter sweet is the best description for children growing up and into the next phase
Oh Marie, bitter sweet indeed. A very thoughtful post (with great PJs!). x
Quail!!! It has been years since I've been anywhere the little parade of quail happens . . we used to see them line up and march across the yard . . you often remind me of terrific things . . thank you.
I agree with number 1 even though my grandchildren are still little. I wish I lived closer to them. You have been busy and doing great things. Don't worry about keeping up with blogging. Don't let it get in the way of doing more important things.
Lovely post, Marie. Bitter sweet indeed is how I feel about my eldest, my son will be 13 in October, his voice is breaking and he is already as tall as me at 5 foot 6". Time goes by so fast! What a gorgeous little pj set you've made, some little girl will be delighted with that. xx
Hello Marie, you have a lovely family! This is such a great post! Thank you so much for sharing, and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)
Your post certainly struck home here too Marie. Out three children are in their forties, one near 50. We have three grandchildren aged 3, 9 and 9 and it seems like just yesterday that they were all just tiny. How ones life just flashes by and all the more reason to enjoy each day and live life to the full.
Thank you for sharing your lovely family with everyone here.
Post a Comment