For Saturday's Critters (join in with Eileen to see critters of all kinds!) I have a few more lizard shots to share, but I have to start with the funny one. I put this orange bucket out under the eaves to catch rainwater until we get our system set up, and look what I found inside!
He had his photo shoot, and then I let him go. There have been a lot of these tiny ones around, because the lizard eggs hatch in later May throughout June.
[update: this story actually had a sad ending...after my company left I checked the bucket which I had not done in four days, and discovered a dead spiny lizard inside, a full grown one. I feel awful!]
Here was a surprise near my back fence, a full-grown spiny! SOOO colorful!
And finally another one...I see these spiny lizards all the time, and they are terrified of people. They dash off if they see the slightest movement...survival. They are about eight inches long. [I am so sad about the loss of the one in the bucket!]
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
11 July 2015
Timmy Lizard's Down the Well!
Labels: trips, garden, painting, family, history
Insects and Lizards,
Saturday's Critters,
Tucson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
You have a real heart, M
ALOHA
ComfortSpiral
Lizards are really kind of cute, aren't they? Too bad about the one in the bucket. I just found a little mouse in one of mine - I neglected to turn it over.....I feel bad. It's easy to forget those things. I had a little 'pet' lizard when I lived in Marana - I kept a saucer of water for him on the patio and he became sort of tame. I fed him lettuce, too. I have a bad habit of feeding the wildlife.....:) xo Karen
These fellows often wind up in places that are dangerous for them. I discovered a lizard in my house the other day. I've only seen him the one time and I'm not too happy about it but I'm trying to remain calm. I read where they eventually find their way back outside. I have a small live animal trap but no way to put any kind of enticing food in it for him to lure him in. I'm afraid its mesh siding will not hold any live bugs! I just don't want to be surprised by him someday when I find him lurking in the dishwasher or in my lingerie drawer!
awww. that would be a bad death.
aw, poor little thing. But, the one in the orange bucket that you let go. I bet he scooted back to his mommy with a whole bunch of wild tales to tell her. Cute pictures.
And so you should!!! 4 days to leave the little mite. Oh dear! I amsure (and hope) he did not suffer. Have a lovely weekend.
Wonderful shots of the lizard.
Cute lizard, the full grown spiny is colorful and pretty. Sorry about the little guy! Great series! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!
They're cute...too bad the one had to perish tho.
lizards is a treat to see I think. So cute and interesting :)
Good that you let the little one go, Marie. It's hard out there for a lizard!
~
Aw, don't feel bad Marie, it wasn't your fault -- . We find little lizards under our house in Florida all the time, they get shut in when we are working and have the 'basement' doors open (It's a park model with skirting and storage underneath on the concrete, not really a basement). But anyway they get in and can't get out. And I too feel bad, but there really isn't any way to prevent it happening.
The ones we have seem curious and will sit and watch us. Once in a while they'll even run through the door and come inside. Then we have to corner them and take them back outside.
The lizards are so neat looking! Sorry to hear about the death of the one, but according to some theories it may be for the good and betterment of the species...the smarter ones survive. ;)
I remember these from when I lived in AZ! The first time I saw one it was quite exotic with all those colors - what a treat! That's really too bad about the lizard in the bucket :(
awwww, a little bit of a sad story but there are lots more where he came from ;)
Post a Comment