Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


02 July 2015

Orange You Happy It's Friday Again!

Now for the color orange!  Joining in with Tanya's Willy Nilly Friday Five (thanks Tanya for hosting this awesome meme!) and Amy's Five on Friday (thanks Amy who hosts this meme from her blog.....)
Uh oh...I just learned that Willy Nilly won't be on in July...Tanya is taking a break.  So please check it out on Amy's Five on Friday!  If you keep scrolling, you will also find my contributions to Skywatch Friday and I Heart Macro.  I haven't been on Skywatch for quite a while, and I Heart will be a new one for me....Thanks to the hosts of both these memes as well!  And of course, Today's Flowers!

1.  Lots of orange things in Tucson!  First of all, oranges!
I'm re-posting this photo because, amazingly I can't find any other photos in my archives of orange trees, and there are orange trees EVERYWHERE here! :-)  I guess I am so used to seeing them, I don't think about photographing them...gonna have to remedy that!
2.  An orange slice on Orange Grove Road....and a bus stop orange too!





3.  Orange dragonflies...


4.  Orange skies....




5. Orange flowers (and pumpkins)....








I grew ONE enormous pumpkin the summer of 2012!  It was great come Halloween! :-)

And I have to go for one more this time, making 6, because there is so much orange in Tucson!....Orange odds & ends of.......quilts



and all the wonderful architecture from the terra cotta stucco....

 to the terra cotta pottery....

Orange you glad you visited my Tucson post today!


36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful orange skies and flowers!

cedarmerefarm said...

Yes, I am glad I visited you today. Orange is one of my favorite colors. Seeing orange makes me feel very happy. Thank you.

Mascha said...

So many nice orange! I like orange and I like the fruits... it's a great fence (or wall) on the first photo. Came from Skywatch Friday and was a little surprised to see you there :-)
Have a great weekend

Unknown said...

I love all the flowers and the dragonfly is gorgeous. Enjoy your day.

Mersad said...

The orange skies are a wonderful sight. So are the rest of your shots. Have a great weekend Marie!!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Hootin Anni said...

I know Orange Grove Road...traveled it almost daily!!!
Oh, and the orange bus stop bench is a new one to me...I LIKE it!!!

The ocotillo blossoms, how I was [and still am] fascinated by that most all the time 'dead looking' bush until it rains!!!

Loved the oranges.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Marie, I love this "orange" post. The flowers, sky and the quilts are all gorgeous. Wonderful orange images.

Happy 4th of July, have a great weekend!

Ela said...

How beautiful !! I love the orange color! Your orange themes are gorgeous !!
Greetings

Latane Barton said...

Yes, indeed, I am glad I visited your post today. I love orange, it's so bright and makes me happy. I wish I had orange trees here. But, I don't. Was wonderful talking with you this morning. We need to do that more often. Have a wonderful 4th.

Dewena said...

I am glad I visited your lovely orange blog today! It's my favorite color, even have a bathroom painted orange! Oh, to have the pretty orange flowers you show!

Happy 4th of July to you, and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my post. You were such an encouragement to me!

Dewena

Linda Kay said...

Orange you glad you had this great topic?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There's orange dragonflies? Never seen those before. Great set of orange images. Best wishes, Tammy

mamasmercantile said...

Such beautiful orange flowers, a real delight and the orange skies were a feast for the eyes.

Hannah said...

Your orange trees and bus stops are great, I really miss being able to grow oranges, they were wonderful, getting ripe in the winter and not being bothered by the animals. You have so many kinds of orange flowers too, I love the orange hibiscus and cactus flowers and ocotillo too!

Vicky Hunt said...

What a lovely post! I loved it and such pretty photos of all things orange! Simply wonderful...:)

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots. I like the cloudy sky.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So many beautiful orange flowers and skies! Love the Orange slice sign and road sign, too! That dragon fly is amazing! Hope you have a wonderful 4th, Marie! xo

Crimson Kettle said...

Orange is so summery. I like that orange slice, what a bit of fun! Have a great weekend.

linda said...

So many lovely orange things I love your photo's and that dragon fly I've never seen an orange one before. Have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the cheery orange theme, the oranges on the tree look amazing. The flowers are stunning and the pumpkin is fab! I bet it was a big hit at halloween.

maryaustria said...

A great collection of orange shots! Love the skies!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love the slices of orange! That are fun and decorative.

Rosie said...

Lovely photos, the orange trees look wonderful and I've never seen an orange dragonfly - how amazing:)

LV said...

Enjoyed all your "oranges", the quilts are my love.

Stewart M said...

It is a great colour - but I fear my eyes may turn that shade due to another 24 hours of flying!

Trying to catch up on visits and comment while I wait for a flight - one busy week to go and it's back to normal!

Cheers - Stewart M - Heathrow Airport UK (for the next couple of hours!)

Kate said...

Great idea, Marie :-) Love the orange dragonflies.

Dorothy said...

This is a fun post with wonderful pictures! You always come up with interesting pictures.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great ORANGE today, Marie.... I could do an entire post showing all of the oranges in our yard now.... LOTS of orange!!!!!! ALSO---I'm a Tennessee Vol fan (University of Tennessee) --and their colors are ORANGE/WHITE/GREY.... SO---people say that us Tennesseans bleed ORANGE here. ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Louisette said...

Wonderfull orange choose fotos,greeting from Belgium
http://louisette.eklablog.com/

Donna said...

Wish I could grow oranges here!!
hughugs

Anonymous said...

I love orange, this feels like such a happy post! The skies and dragon flies are amazing. I love orange flowers and yours are particularly beautiful. I would love to have the climate to grow oranges here xx

Irma said...

Wonderful shots.
I like the cloudy sky.
Best regards, Irma

Tom said...

I'm orange with envy. Tom The Backroads Traveller

carol l mck said...

Wonderful series of creative photos for 'orange' ~ love them all!

Happy week ahead to you ~
artmusedog and carol

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Wonderful orange images!
Have a lovely new week!

Maggid said...

I YAM!!! I YAM!!! Super Happy i visited you today. So Much JOY.
THANKS