Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


28 July 2015

Cooper's Hawks Again!

They were in my back yard or on my back fence almost every day for nearly a week & 1/2.  Then I started just seeing one, and the visits became less and less frequent.  Now I feel the youngsters have moved on to their own territories, the training days over, and what I started seeing was sometimes one of them, sometimes the single adult.  I am not sure.  But I have several more posts to share of their wonderful time here...joining in with Anni's Bird d'Pot (somewhat late) and Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday....
















14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wow, very cool shots of the Cooper's hawk! Enjoy your day!

Kate said...

Great pictures! They're beautiful birds, very proud and majestic.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So beautiful Marie! You captured some amazing shots. xo

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Those are wonderful captures, Marie! They are such handsome birds - I love the striped tail feathers. You need to find one of those.....They are such excellent hunters. One day when I was watering my flowers, a little chickadee flew around my legs with a Cooper's hawk right behind! I was so startled....The chickadee got away. Later, I saw the hawk dive bomb my tabby cat so fast that the cat didn't know what hit him and he jumped high into the air. Must've had a nest somewhere. So special that you got to see the whole family. xo Karen

Hootin Anni said...

Marvelous, magnificent, magical!!!

Hootin Anni said...

ps....I forgot to add a special "thank you" for sharing your link this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'...All the bird enthusiasts are SURE to enjoy these photo shares.

Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin'

L. D. said...

He got brave enough to find a new home as he matured and grew in your backyard area. It is a good looking bird.

Brian King said...

Fantastic shots! Love the hawks!

Kathy said...

As many great shots as you got, I'd flood my blog with them. That opportunity may not come along again, plus I think we're all enjoying them almost as much as you do! Keep 'em comin'!

Roan said...

Nice fella to give you so many beautiful poses! I can never seem to find a hawk when I have my camera, but sure enjoy seeing them.

Mersad said...

Love those shots. I would never be able to get these photos here, but I'm enjoying yours a lot.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

DeniseinVA said...

What a handsome hawk, great photos Marie. I took some photos of one the other day but wasn't sure of its ID. It looked exactly like this one. I wasn't able to get this close though. You have captured him beautiful.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Awesome shots! We used to have one that returned every year. I haven't seen him now for over a year.
Have a blessed day!

NatureFootstep said...

you never get tired to see them :) Those wonderful birds.