It is Easter Weekend, and I pray that you all have a very blessed Easter. Our kids are going to church with us...daughter, SIL, grandson and great-nephew....then we are having a brunch here at our home. It is time to celebrate Jesus's precious gift of Salvation, of God's drawing us into His presence by sacrificing His Son so there would be no more eternal punishment for sin for those who accept His perfect Gift! He rose again and waits for us at the Father's right hand. It is a joy to be celebrated!
Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
It thrills me to know that the image of Jesus on the Shroud of Turin is a negative photographic image produced by a powerful force like a nuclear blast! That is RESURRECTION!
![]() |
| A depiction of the image on the shroud, done by an artist. The face of Jesus! |
And back to our world in Arizona...
| A windmill near oracle, AZ |
1.
If I were a direction I'd be the road home.
2.
If I were a piece of furniture I’d be an Arts & Crafts book shelf...a HUGE one that covers a whole wall!!! :-)
3.
If I were a liquid I’d be iced tea. Just saying...I am a pure Southern girl! We go through iced tea in my house like gangbusters but don't worry....no sugar. I use Truvia. :-)
4.
If I were a gemstone I’d be a garnet. It's funny that it's my favorite gem because it is also my birthstone.
5.
If I were a tree I’d be a dogwood, I think. This is hard because I LOVE all kinds of trees!
I just read these to my hubby and he is teasing me that I don't want to hurt the "other" trees feelings by picking one. He's doing that because I admitted to him this morning that I tend not to like shorebirds as much as songbirds and I feel GUILTY about that. He thought that was funny and said I was worried I will hurt the shorebirds feelings! Not REALLY...I mean they don't KNOW I prefer the songbirds! :-) I suppose everyone has their favorites.
A beautiful Easter weekend to all my blogger friends! God bless you all!



22 comments:
i like the hurting feelings thing. :) happy easter, marie!
Great post! Happy Easter to you and your family..
Since I don't live any where near a shore, I would pick songbirds as my favorite. They do bring joy to my ears and soul. However, I do love seeing blue herons whenever I walk by our city's river. Thank you for introducing Rose's "If I Were" list. Doing that would really make me think.
I forgot to say Happy Easter to you and yours. I'm looking forward to Holy Thursday services tonight, Good Friday services and the Easter Vigil Saturday night.
A great post sharing the word. I liked your, what would I be, list.
Happy Easter!
p.s. I would be turquoise.
Easter Blessings to you and your family! Enjoy the weekend and blessings you have, Linda.
I like your answers to "If I were a..." I'd have to go with coffee for "If I were a liquid." Before you said garnet was your birthstone I thought "If I were a gemstone" I'd pick my birthstone too.
Oh yeahhhhhhhh, an Arts & Crafts book shelf...a HUGE one that covers a whole wall!!!
Lovely Easter post, I have something to Easter to, in my Random5 today.
Have a blessed celebration :-)
I hope you have a very Blessed and Happy Easter. I wouldn't worry about the shorebirds and the other trees having hurt feelings.
Happy Easter - Interesting to see the artist rendition of Jesus from the Shroud image.
I don't think the birds or the trees will be offended if you pick one over the other as a favorite.
I love your wind mill picture!
Happy Easter! You have a lovely day planned.
Happy Easter! One day I'm going to borrow your fun list and give it a try. No, I wouldn't want to hurt a trees feelings either!!!!!!!!! :) Fun post.
Thank youf or this lovely post. Happy Easter!
Hi There, Great post.. I loved the "IF I were..." questions... I may do that on FB sometime... IF I were a free I would be a MAPLE since I love their colors in Fall.
Happy Easter to you and the family... He has RISEN. Alleluia.
Hugs,
Betsy
A very Happy and Blessed Easter to you and yours!
Happy Easter Marie, happy spring!!
I love that you would be the road home. As an expat, sometimes I wonder where that is.
Just stopping by to see what fun you're having this Easter weekend! Love the if I were a direction, I'd be the road home... that is great! I'm sooooo coming round for one of your iced teas, it's just no the same anywhere else in the world as the real homemade kind sat on a verandah in America!
Wren x
Wow...the Shroud of Turin painting...so life like!
Hope you enjoyed the Day sweet friend!
hughugs
hope you had a good Easter. we sure did. with the family. i love your Jesus picture. i love to think of him as a very friendly man. i think of his sandals. i enjoy those shots that folks have of him. but i think in my mind i kind of change it a bit. ( :
I love the one about direction...now I really wish I had thought of that. The road home suits me to a 't.'
Post a Comment