Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


20 March 2014

Oh So Random

Here are this week's Random 5's.  Nancy of A Rural Journal has a great meme called Random 5 Fridays...click on the Link to see more, and why don't you join us...it's fun! Also joining in with Today's Flowers, thanking the hosts of this beautiful meme as well, and hoping you will click on their link and visit them and enjoy some flowers to perk up your spirits after this long and dreary winter!

1.  Last Friday, March 14th was Pi Day at Richardson Elementary School! I made this chocolate cream pie, but they also had several others in various flavors, to celebrate!


2. Mad Max on his scooter.


3.More beautiful spring flowers....




 
these last two shots are from the bougainvillea in my yard...


4.  Saturday the 15th we went to see Son of God.  Wonderful movie!

   ............and driving down Cortaro Road we passed this wonderful Marana mural.


5. I see the moon and the moon sees me....This full moon rising at 6:50 on Sunday night was the Crow Moon. I regret I can't get better moon shots, but, I'm definitely doing better with this new camera than I was before!


So, this So Random post commemorates a couple of days in our Tucson life.  Hope your days are filled with many good things as well!  And if you want to see my latest quilting creation, drop in at my quilting blog piece-fulness!

28 comments:

Pieni Lintu said...

Nice shots! :)

http://www.pienilintu.blogspot.fi/

Hootin Anni said...

I LIVED in Tucson!!! Before we moved to south Texas. And your Cotaro Farms Road and Marana...so so familiar. I miss the desert landscape and the Tucson Mountains.

Used to walk every morning down Magee Rd..to Cotaro Farms and Thornydale.

Small world.

Hootin Anni said...

PS...for some reason Google Connect isn't allowing me to add that I'm following you. So, I've copied your blog url and will go and add it to my blogger reading list from my sidebar so I won't miss your new posts.

Karen Lakis said...

Wonderful big bright moon! I love the mural, too - very colorful!

Sarah Huizenga said...

Beautiful flowers and that pie looks so yummy.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I LOVE chocolate pie.
Mad Max I love your hat.
That looks like a good movie I have been hearing a lot about it.
Beautiful flowers. B

Donna said...

It's not showing here yet...'wanna see it!
LOVE the PIE!!! My favorite!
hughugs

Mascha said...

It's a great moon shot and the Bogainvillea is so beautiful (with us in Germany is to cold for it)

Tanya Breese said...

wonderful photos, love mad max! i want to see that movie too! and noah and heaven is real! so many good ones! my boys took cookies to celebrate pi day! have a great weekend :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great Random Thoughts, Marie. That chocolate pie looks good... But remember "Pie are SQUARE." ha ha

Love your flowers and can't wait til we get some here.

I hope we get to see The Son of God soon... Supposed to be fabulous.

Great moon photo.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Patsy said...

Love your bougainvillea, we had one when we lived in Texas.

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I have many photography goals, but my biggest one is to get a beautiful moon shot! Your's is very pretty! I am craving chocolate pie now :)

Maggie Ann said...

Marie, I so enjoy your posts and pictures. When we are watching westerns on tv (quite a bit haha) and they gallop through the cactus...I remember our visit to AZ and how wonderful it was. Truly a beautiful state!

I'm on updating my blog tonight, but I just heard son call....I'd better go say Hi. Hope you had a wonderful day there in sunny Tucson. =) We had hours of steady but beautiful snowfall here in Pa. today. Thankfully it all melted off by afternoon.

Carver said...

Your spring flowers are so cheerful and beautiful.

DeniseinVA said...

Lovely series of random photos Marie, and thank you so much for linking up with Today's Flowers. Have a great weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Love Mad Max's helmet -- :)

And the blooms in your yard are breath-taking. I can't wait to see some color here.

Happy Saturday Marie!

Carletta said...

I haven't had chocolate pie in forever - it looks delicious!
I like Max's helmet.
LOVELY blooms! I've seen the lilies and daffodils begin to pop through but color is still a long way off.
It was nice visiting you again. I need to put you back in my feeder. You aren't showing up there.

Carletta said...

Meant to say I like your header shot. Another blog friend just posted a black and white photo of it that I just saw this morning as well. :)

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Lots of fun randomness here Marie! Love your flowers (I will attempt to spell bouganvilla - see, it came out wrong) - anyway, they are gorgeous! Chocolate pie - cute idea for the kids. Love your grandson's hat and the mural. Missing those Tuscon views. Hugs xo Karen

Elizabeth Edwards said...

my mom has those yellow blooms too. they are so peaceful & pretty. love them!! bougainvillea ... i have never heard of it ... i wonder if i have ever seen it before??

i love that man - he has such a loving face. i like to think that Jesus has a similar face. i keep seeing those movie ads everywhere. feel like he is staring at me.

what a gorgeous moon shot. what's your secret? ( :

Linda said...

Great looking pie (pi). And the bougainvillea is gorgeous!

abrianna said...

Lovely sunny shots!

Latane Barton said...

Excellent pictures. Loved the Mad Max! Tell that boy his great'gmom loves him. I remember the flowers (boug.villa... however it's spelt) from the front of your house in Tucson so many years ago. I hope to get back to the Random 5 really soon but you know how busy I have been.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Chocolate pie? Yum! I'll be there in a jiff!

Debbie said...

i love that big bright moon!!

pretty blooms!!

George said...

We have not yet seen Son of God, but we want to see it very much. I like your Spring blossoms and especially like your pi!

TexWisGirl said...

your bougainvillea is amazing!

Lise said...

Your bougainvillaea are gorgeous. We have two bushes that I have to keep trimming back because they are on the side of the driveway and those thorns love to scrape my car when I come and go. Trimming bougainvillaea is one of my least favorite things to do!