Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.


I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!


27 December 2012

At the End of Those Blocks...

....another church fence and gate.  It was so lovely I decided to do a post on it by itself.  This is linked to Fridays Fences.  Go by and check out all the great fences and gates.



I have to mention that on Thursday, the 27th as I posted this, I noticed that it is the anniversary of the opening of Radio City Music Hall in 1932.  Many Christmases ago, when our daughter was a young teen, we spent Christmas in NYC, staying in my sister's apartment while they went to Vermont for the holidays.  It was magical...we saw the Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall that year, and it started snowing as we watched the ice skaters at Rockefeller Center.  My sister had left presents for children that had needed to be turned in somewhere earlier, but she had missed the deadline.  We had the addresses, so we drove all over the City delivering the gifts in person on Christmas eve.  That was very special.  It was special that we were all together, and is a Christmas that I will always remember....Hope you each had a very blessed and special Christmas this year and that the new year will be filled also with God's greatest blessings in your lives....


8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

really beautiful gate! usually i don't like the flourishy-delicate kinds, but i really like this one!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love the decorations ... so cool. ( :

Leave It To Davis said...

I love your fence, but I love your story even more...how magical!

Dorothy said...

Lovely fence, but the most beautiful thing is your story about Christmas in New York!! Don't you just love those extra special, magical times!

Candy C. said...

I really like that gate, so pretty!! What a neat Christmas in New York you had! :)

Latane Barton said...

Such a special time, that long ago Christmas in new York. I had forgotten that. You all have a happy New Year.

Icy BC said...

They are beautiful, Marie!

Hope you had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year..

Rose said...

This is a real beauty, too.