When no doors have opened in three years....when you are missing major steps in your grandchild's life....when the way to a new place opens and beckons and says "find respite here" then perhaps it is time to move on.....
We are going to Tucson. I have said goodbye to the Train Station and all that held for me (more on that later). I have given my mother the promise of returns to be together again, and visits on skype. I have been breathing deeply of the lovely Virginia scenery; oh so deeply!!!! We had planned to be here till we died....
But, no doors have opened...and we are missing our grandson's boyhood...and our children beckon us to a new home. So, in about 11 days we embark on a journey with a mixture of sadness and great excitement....and with HOPE that this will be the place that we can finally call home.
The kids await....
And a new scenery, harsh and beautiful....scaldingly hot and unrelentingly dry....also awaits....
Wish us luck as we embark on this journey...I will keep you all "posted" as things develop. Pray we will find work, and a new life....I know we will have love.....
Psalm 19:1--The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handywork.
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
I wish to apologize to anyone who may be having trouble making comments on my posts. I appreciate your visit so much, and wish I could read what you have to say, but something is going on with my computer, and until I can get the issue addressed, this may continue. Please keep visiting! Also, often I cannot make a comment on some posts I look at, particularly those who ask for me to show I am a guest. I have noticed sometimes someone can only comment in the "Reply" section of another comment...if that's all that works, then that's fine! Let's keep visiting no matter what happens, and know we are touching each other with our creativity and thoughts and images even when we can't get (or leave) feedback. God bless you my dear blogger friends!
18 May 2011
Time To Make a Big Change
Labels: trips, garden, painting, family, history
Family,
Places in Virginia,
Places in VirginiaFamily,
Western US
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Marie, I certainly want to wish you and your family all the best! Love is a great thing to have! I pray you and your husband will find work that will be fulfilling and profitable. Do keep in touch and let us know what's going on in your life.
Love,
Dorothy
Oh, my big changes! I hope the move goes smoothly...but it will be worth it no matter to be near your grandson. Grandchildren need their grandparents!
Wishing you the very best... being part of your children and grandchildren's lives are the best. Places and things are not important, but love and contentment are. Will miss you so much. Mom
Hi Marie, I am sure you will both discover a new life of hope and joy.It is a big step to take at this stage of your life but think of the years of experience you have on your side to help you adapt!
I know work is a big worry for people everywhere as this recession affects each country in some way.
You are together and with family which will be a blessing.
I hope you will allow us to share your journey and new life with you.
Take care and God Bless
Your words seem to have a hint of sadness and I hope you find happiness and work in your new place. God's blessings with you! blessings,Kathleen
New life and the uncertainties,and unfamiliariies can be daunting. But then it is a new horizon worth sailing out for. So, all the BEST.
Thanks so much!
Wishing you the best in your move! We long to move closer to our grandchildren too, but for now are visiting them as much as we can.
Post a Comment